Cozi Vacation Rentals is a dynamic, fast-growing, locally owned, and operated company within the gorgeous and famous Texas Hill Country and headquartered in Fredericksburg, Texas, near Austin, Texas. Cozi provides its services throughout all of the Texas Hill Country and surrounding areas. Cozi connects guests and property owners to the best upscale and luxury vacation rentals and experiences this beautiful part of Texas offers while incorporating exceptional technology and customer service that does not automate away customer engagement but promotes a better and more personal customer experience.
The Director of Operations will report to the General Manager and is responsible for leading our Operations team, including the Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Property Care departments across our vacation rental destinations in Texas. This includes managing daily operations, projects, budgeting, human resources, and safety. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Operations will take a hands-on approach to develop and train staff and ensure quality assurance for our guests and homeowners. All duties and responsibilities of this position are always to be performed with exceptional caring and genuine service upholding Cozi Vacation Rental standards and culture.
- Direct and manage the activities of the Operations team, working closely with the Operations Manager on the property, high-cost, and service-related issues.
- Establish, improve, and implement operational systems, processes, and policies for the business including reporting, analysis, information management, quality control, organizational planning, and objectives.
- Oversee the operations of the laundry facility; understand current processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Partner closely with Human Resources to determine staffing requirements. Interview, select, hire, develop, and retain employees. Build cohesive teams and develop future leaders within the company.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and materials needed to effectively perform their responsibilities.
- Schedule, activities, tasks, and the work of others to successfully collaborate on and complete projects, on time and within budget.
- Assist with budget preparation for personnel, supplies, and materials. Monitor and control resources to minimize waste.
- Actively contribute as a member of the Cozi Management Team, participate in weekly meetings, provide insight, and collaborate on problem-solving. Support the decisions and direction of the team and company.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment free of hazards. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and enforced.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the Maintenance department; ensure repairs are completed timely and correctly.
- Prepare department schedules according to business needs.
- Minimum of three (3) years of personnel management experience preferably in upper-level hospitality or service operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one (1) year managing budgets
- Ability to work a variable schedule including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to solve complex problems by selecting the most appropriate course of action
- Must pass a background check prior to hire
- Must move and/or live within a 30-mile radius of Fredericksburg, TX.
Compensation: Annual Salary, $73,000 - $85,000 based on experience and qualifications
Bonus: Bonuses and Incentives for meeting company goals.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days, Health insurance, Life insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Relocation assistance, Commuting/travel assistance