Over the last 21 years, Tybee Vacation Rentals (TVR) has evolved into the largest short-term property management company in the area based on our investment in exceptional people and technology. Vacation Rentals are one of the fastest-growing segments of the hospitality industry in part due to the unique experience and value they provide travelers. Tybee Vacation Rentals proudly manages over 280+ vacation homes and condos on Tybee Island and in historic Savannah.
Simply put, our mission is Happy Guests, Happy Owners, Happy Employees! Our company's success is built on the efforts of our team members, and we consider each employee to be an ambassador of the TVR brand. At TVR we go above and beyond to provide the very best to our guests, homeowners, and each other. We invite you to join over 80 year-round and 40+ seasonal employees as a member of Team Pink. Many team members have been with the company for 3+ years, and we are always looking for new additions who want to work in a fun, friendly, and energetic environment.
The Director of Operations will report to the General Manager and is responsible for leading our Operations team, including the Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Property Care departments. This includes managing daily operations, projects, budgeting, human resources, and safety. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Operations will take a hands-on approach to develop and train staff and ensure quality assurance for our guests and homeowners. All duties and responsibilities of this position are always to be performed with exceptional caring and genuine service upholding Tybee Vacation Rentals’ standards and culture.
- Direct and manage the activities of the Operations team, working closely with the Operations Manager on the property, high-cost, and service-related issues.
- Establish, improve, and implement operational systems, processes, and policies for the business including reporting, analysis, information management, quality control, organizational planning, and objectives.
- Oversee the operations of the laundry facility; understand current processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Partner closely with Human Resources to determine staffing requirements. Interview, select, hire, develop, and retain employees. Build cohesive teams and develop future leaders within the company.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and materials needed to effectively perform their responsibilities.
- Schedule, activities, tasks, and the work of others to successfully collaborate on and complete projects, on time and within budget.
- Assist with budget preparation for personnel, supplies, and materials. Monitor and control resources to minimize waste.
- Actively contribute as a member of the TVR Management Team, participate in weekly meetings, provide insight, and collaborate on problem-solving. Support the decisions and direction of the team and company.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment free of hazards. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and enforced.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the Maintenance department; ensure repairs are completed timely and correctly.
- Prepare department schedules according to business needs.
- Minimum of three (3) years of personnel management experience preferably in upper-level hospitality or service operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one (1) year managing budgets
- Ability to work a variable schedule including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to solve complex problems by selecting the most appropriate course of action
- Must pass a background check prior to hire
- Organizational savvy
- Project management
- Analytical skills
- Stress management
- Sales/persuasion/influence skills
- Negotiation skills
- Developing others
- Managerial focus
- $65,000 - $75,000 Annual salary based on experience and qualifications
Monthly incentive bonus based on performance goals.
- Paid time off such as PTO
- Sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Short term disability insurance
- Employee recognition programs