SkyRun is seeking a versatile Director of Marketing tasked with further fueling SkyRun’s growth and expanding the SkyRun brand. This position serves as a key role within SkyRun and is responsible for defining SkyRun’s marketing strategy and execution while bringing thought leadership to client acquisition.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced manager/director-level employee who wants to help drive the evolution of how SkyRun disrupts the vacation rental industry. Success in the role requires a wide range of experience across all marketing mediums and a talented leader who is able to balance strategy with tactical implementation.
- Develop and refine SkyRun’s marketing strategy.
- Direct and implement the organization’s advertising and promotional activities.
- Analyze target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches.
- Collaborate with senior executives to develop growth plans for the organization.
- Forecast, draft, implement and oversee the department’s operating budget.
- Ensure the SkyRun brand guide is updated and consistently executed throughout all our locations.
- Lead the development and oversee standard/templated SkyRun marketing collateral (such as location owner case studies and homeowner recruitment postcards).
- Help define and maintain SkyRun branded promotional products.
- Create marketing content as needed, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage marketing staff
- Manage marketing vendor partner relationships.
SEO for SkyRun.com and Location Websites
- Ensure SkyRun SEO guide is updated and promoted for use in locations.
- Drive locations to website and property listings that convert (for example, effective descriptions, and photos).
- Optimize website architecture and page construction for search engine consumption and optimal visibility.
- Optimize digital assets, such as text, graphics, or multimedia assets, for SEO or for display and usability on internet-connected devices.
- Recommend paid search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with SkyRun content and drive traffic and conversions to locations.
- Improve search-related activities through ongoing analysis, experimentation, or A/B testing.
- Purchase or negotiate the placement of listings in local search engines, directories, or mapping technologies.
Online Marketing Campaigns:
- Oversee creation of social media campaigns using Facebook, blogging (EasyBlog), Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Oversee online marketing initiatives, such as paid ad placement, affiliate programs, sponsorship programs, email promotions, or viral marketing campaigns on social media Web sites.
- Oversee banner, video, or other non-text link ad campaigns.
- Evaluate new emerging media or technologies and make recommendations for their application within Internet marketing or search marketing campaigns.
Digital Marketing Activities:
- Ensure the SkyRun style guide is updated and consistent usage throughout our system.
- Design and help create websites or other internet content that conforms to brand and company visual format.
- Oversee the development and implementation of online marketing strategies.
- Evaluate contracts with vendors or online partners.
- Develop transactional Web applications, using Web programming software and knowledge of programming languages, such as hypertext markup language (HTML) and extensible markup language (XML).
- Conduct market research analysis to identify search query trends, real-time search and news media activity, popular social media topics, electronic commerce trends, market opportunities, or competitor performance.
- Experience applying marketing principles and methods and developing a marketing strategy
- Ability to use content creation software - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and video editing software
- Excellent skills in social platforms, FB, Twitter, Insta and email marketing, and constant Contact
- Ability to use Joomla Web content management software and EasyBlog
- Understanding of Web platform development software, HTML, CSS (PHP and JS desirable)
- Experience using sales and marketing software — Google Adwords and Analytics, Key Data, and SEMRush.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills in the marketing realm
- Ability to work independently and willing to create marketing content as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Five years of experience in marketing and long-range planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, IT, Business or related discipline
- Masters degree preferred.
- $75,000 - $125,000 annual salary based on experience and qualifications
- Generous PTO policy
- Health insurance
- 401(k), including company match
- Basic life insurance policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Fun and Wellness bonus
- Paid volunteer days
- Employee assistance program
- Phone and internet allowance
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home options
- Dog-friendly office
- Additional employee-paid benefits available through payroll deduction