Director of Maintenance & Housekeeping
Lead and develop teams that create sparkling vacation experiences
Location: Panhandle, FL
We believe that every team member plays a vital role in our success. As a premier vacation destination that prides itself on offering guests exclusive amenities and unparalleled service, our goal is to meet and exceed each guest’s expectations. With a wide range of short-term rental options, we cater to a diverse range of travelers, from families seeking adventure and romantic getaways to corporate functions and large events.
Our team members are hard-working, flexible and strive every day to create an environment where our homeowners and guests feel right at home. We are a hands-on team that fosters a family-like culture and a supportive environment for our staff.
Are you the kind of person who knows how to get things done, can fix anything, and thrives under pressure? If so, you might be precisely the type of person we’re seeking as our Director of Maintenance & Housekeeping.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to possess maintenance and housekeeping experience, the ability to lead by example, and use your positive outlook to set the tone each and every day for a productive and rewarding workplace. This position answers directly to the Director of Rental Management and ensures that each property is always guest-ready and meets all our brand standards that guests expect when staying with us.
- Oversee and direct the day to day operations of the maintenance and housekeeping departments
- Train, develop and lead the maintenance and housekeeping teams
- Maintain quality control and conduct property inspections between turnovers to ensure that each rental is guest-ready and meets our brand standards
- Perform maintenance checks of buildings, grounds, equipment, and all common areas
- Develop and maintain financial budgets for the maintenance and housekeeping department
- Order stock and maintain inventory of supplies
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside vendors
- Schedule maintenance and housekeeping staff
- Review resumes, recruit and dismiss new team members as necessary.
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, hotel management, or a related field
- 3+ years in a management position
- Electrical, plumbing, and mechanical experience is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Computer literate with the ability to use web-based applications
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and WHMIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 based upon expertise, experience and achievement
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Relocation Assistance
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
We’d love to hear from you if you have a proven track record of effectively leading teams and strong hospitality, maintenance, and housekeeping background.