Sextant Stays is a next-generation, VC-backed hospitality company utilizing technology to provide meaningful accommodations for leisure travelers in urban destinations across the U.S. Sextant provides customized, full-building residences that provide operational and guest experience advantages.
Sextant’s platform allows real estate owners to unlock significant value by repositioning traditional multifamily properties into hospitality assets through increasing revenue and decreasing operating expenses.
Sextant recently closed its Series A, so this role presents a great opportunity to be an early-stage, high-value contributor instrumental in the company’s trajectory from Series A towards Series B rounds.
As the right candidate to take on the role of Director of Logistics at Sextant Stays, it will be critical for you to have experience coordinating people, facilities, and supply. To do this with excellence will require you to have solid organizational skills.
Our properties start as vacant buildings before being brought to life for hundreds of excited travelers ready to make life-long memories. To get our properties ready, there are about 350 steps from the moment we get the keys to welcoming our first guests. You’ll need to ensure utilities are set up, walls are painted, intelligent locks installed, TVs mounted, online listings built out, etc. All of this must be done accurately and quickly. There is no paint-by-numbers blueprint for success, but you won’t be alone…. you'll be working with an incredibly talented, innovative, and driven team. For that reason, we are seeking someone who is a master project manager and thrives on “keeping all the balls in the air.”
As our Director of Logistics, you will work in our Miami office alongside our team of ambitious and supportive co-workers focused on establishing the next level of luxury travel. You must be comfortable with understanding that things will not go as planned and be able to pivot and continue to make things happen as the clock continues to tick, using your negotiation skills and working effectively with third-party vendors. Are you ready to make vacation rental magic?
- Create and implement SOPs that ensure a seamless and efficient onboarding process for all our new hotels from the moment furniture arrives at our onboarding warehouse to the arrival of our first guests.
- Leverage technology to simplify onboarding procedures without compromising the guest experience.
- Make 3-4 strategic hires at the specialist level to fully build out the department.
- Collaborate with both internal teams (i.e., interior design; owner relations) and third-party contractors (i.e., movers; general contractors) to complete the onboarding process with 100% accuracy.
- Design the first-ever 24-hour onboarding with three 8-hour shifts.
- 3+ years of previous logistics and hospitality experience in a leadership role.
- Previous experience onboarding new vacation rentals in multiple markets is strongly desired.
- Based in South Florida.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Willing to work some weekends during onboarding periods.
- Ability to travel to other markets in the Southeast US for up to 2 weeks at a time, 1-2 times per quarter, as we onboard new buildings.
- Tech savvy, comfortable with software including Asana, Google Sheets, Slack, etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules