Our vacation rental and real estate team is known for its heart, hospitality, and passion for the industry.
Currently, we’re looking to add someone to the team who is:
- An engaging leader
- Highly motivated with a track record of getting things done
- An expert in Human Resources
Located in the heart of Upstate New York’s beautiful Finger Lakes Region with rolling hills, rural culture, and a relaxed country lifestyle, Finger Lakes Premier Properties (FLPP) is leading the vacation rental and real estate sales industry with an established team and reputation for providing stellar customer service and high value for over 30 years. With this expertise, we manage 300 privately owned lakeside vacation homes, a branded hotel, a local university, some long-term rentals, and multiple condominium projects. Our real estate sales department also specializes in waterfront properties.
In order to achieve excellence, our leadership team supports each other. Our job environment is flexible, and we enjoy the fact that we are constantly evolving. As we grow, we believe it's essential to provide our employees with the necessary training to take advantage of growth opportunities. We have made it a practice to show appreciation for this type of dedication by offering recognition and rewards for a well-done job.
As the Human Resources Director, you will work closely with our Chief Operating Officer/Integrator. In this role, it will be essential for you to be a natural leader and work collaboratively as an integral part of our management team.
Your areas of accountability and responsibility will include:
- Operational Support
- Overseeing the entire employee journey from recruitment to engagement and retention
- Developing and overseeing employee compensation and benefits
- Ensuring safety procedures and protocols are implemented and adhered to
The success of this position depends on developing a solid organizational culture that encourages high performance, consistency, fairness, and safety.
We'd love to hear from you if you are confident in your experience and qualifications to excel in this position.
- Actively supports the vision and values of FLPP by demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement, teamwork, respect, open communication, trust, accountability, and results.
- Participates in weekly L10 management meetings, provides insight, collaborates on problem-solving and decision-making, and supports the decision and direction of the team.
- Contributes to the adoption of EOS and ensures company-wide adoption and utilization of FLPP’s HRIS system is maximized.
- Manages the performance management cycle, management coaching, and training to ensure the alignment of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and objectives.
- Provides People Analytics reports (turnover, time to hire, training, etc.).
- Develops, respects, and follows departmental and organizational processes while leading and inspiring others to do the same.
- Oversees the employee onboarding process
- Conducts employee engagement surveys twice a year.
- Develops FLPP annual employee engagement plan for the company
- Partners with managers to develop departmental engagement plans
- Oversees and manages the FLPP engagement committee.
- Facilitates company-wide awareness of initiatives, events, and achievements.
- Ensures rewards and recognition is received by employees and departments fairly and
- Develops annual compensation, benefits, and welfare plans.
- Administers all salary and wage decisions; provides competitive market research and prepares pay studies to help establish pay practices to recruit and retain outstanding staff.
- Participates in company-wide policy making and general operating decisions.
- Oversees the development of an annual plan and budget for all HR functions and activities.
- Manages and oversees the administration of all employee benefits, including health & wellness, 401(k), worker’s compensation, and related plan testing and compliance-related activities.
- Manages leave administration (FMLA, OFLA, LTD, WC) and COBRA.
- Conducts RFP for service providers
- Develops an annual staffing plan for year-round and seasonal employees.
- Ensures recruitment for full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees is on track to meet staffing needs.
- Analyze monthly turnover reports, chart trends, and collaborate with relevant operational managers to develop recruitment solutions as needed.
- Oversees the adoption and optimum utilization of Predictive Index for employee profiling during the recruitment process
- Team building and ensuring effective internal communications between departments and staff. (“right people, right seats”).
- Gathers employee feedback regularly & develops recommended actions to address key concerns.
- Responds timely and effectively to all employment-related claims and grievances.
- Coaches, trains, and develops supervisory and management staff on how to handle employee situations.
- Conducts and facilitates new hire orientation and onboarding for full-time employees.
- Develops and facilitates the implementation of annual training plans that support all employees' ongoing professional development needs.
- Conducts comprehensive evaluations of all training and development programs to ensure effectiveness.
- Works with managers and supervisors to ensure that all department training needs are met promptly and effectively.
- Oversees and manages the FLPP Safety program as Safety Manager to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Ensures all policies are followed and enforced for outside agencies, including but not limited to DOL, EEOC, and OSHA.
- Maintains a safety-first work ethic.
* Other duties as appropriately assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- HR Certification Preferred (PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP)
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Fundamental knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build rapport with all employees
- Ability to effectively communicate, deliver on promises, and drive collaboration with employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Reliable and self-sufficient
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $85,000 - $90,000
Bonus Details: 15% of annual gross pay earning potential based on the attainment of company and individual goals.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Relocation Assistance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Discounts on select hotels nationally
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules