Brittain Resorts and Hotels specializes in legendary guest satisfaction, property management, and marketing. The foundation for our success was laid long before the company was formed, with roots beginning in 1943 at the historic Chesterfield Inn in the heart of Myrtle Beach, S.C.
From the beginning, the Brittain family worked as a team, doing everything from making beds to washing dishes on a busy weekend, creating an environment where integrity and trust are paramount even today. With decades of experience in the hospitality industry, we have fostered a set of core values that guide associate development on a personal and professional level. With over 4,000 rooms in the portfolio, BRH currently operates 22 hotels and resorts and 45+ restaurants & bars within the United States.
WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE… We love what we do! As leaders in South Carolina’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect. Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of talented individuals focused on creating lasting memories.
Are you an experienced leader in the hospitality housekeeping industry? Are you passionate about providing world-class guest experiences and have a proven track record of driving efficiency and effectiveness in your teams? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Brittain Resorts & Hotels are seeking a Director of Housekeeping to lead the day-to-day operations and management of the laundry and housekeeping team for Compass Cove Resort, located in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC.
In this critical role, you’ll be responsible for leading and motivating a large team of 80+ staff members, managing the finances of our housekeeping operations, tracking and ordering supplies, and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, quality control, safety, and comfort in Compass Cove’s 300+ resort rooms and suites.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented and organized with positive leadership characteristics, excellent interpersonal skills to inspire and motivate a team and communicate with guests, strong follow-through to achieve results, and the drive to get the job done and get it done right!
- Leadership: Recruit, train, coach, counsel, and review housekeeping team members, monitor attendance, delegate duties and projects with consistent follow-up, and ensure property communication within the department. Participate with peer managers in regular meetings to achieve property goals and brand initiatives.
- Quality Control: Have current knowledge of OSHA and safety standards, conduct regular visual inspections of laundry production, guest rooms, and public areas, and evaluate and report maintenance issues or unsafe work conditions.
- Supplies & Inventory: Maintain effective systems and controls to purchase, re-order, and ensure adequate linen and housekeeping supplies for the efficient operation of the department.
- Financial: Manage the finances of our housekeeping operations, including financial forecasts, housekeeping budgets, and expenditure control for labor, inventory, and supplies.
- Guest Satisfaction: Promptly resolve any guest complaints or issues, monitor and maintain guest service scores and performance metrics related to housekeeping, and implement changes/improvements to achieve a high standard of service and guest satisfaction.
- Lost & Found: Properly record, store, and dispose of all “lost and found” articles from guest rooms and public areas in accordance with company policies.
- Experience managing housekeeping in hotels or resorts with 300 rooms or more is required.
- Experience managing housekeeping with multiple unit types, such as standard hotel
rooms, suites, 3-bedroom condo style, etc., is a must.
- Must have experience managing large teams of 80+ employees.
- Preference for candidates that have experience with foreign labor programs (J1/H2B).
- IQWare knowledge and experience preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: Starting at $60,000
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement