Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration
Company Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas (with the flexibility to work from home some days)
Position type: Full-time
At Cohobnb our mission is to provide a wide array of unique and luxury vacation rentals across Northwest Arkansas. Each of our vacation rentals is set up specifically for guest enjoyment. Our team includes specialists in sales, hospitality, customer service, marketing, housekeeping, maintenance, real estate, interior design, and more! We are go-getters and applaud those who challenge the status quo & think outside the box. We love Northwest Arkansas & love offering travelers the best possible experience in our towns. We are swiftly growing and adapting, and we are looking for candidates who fit our company culture primarily and who are willing to join in the face-paced environment and be a part of a small business that is growing at exponential rates.
The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and is responsible for leading the accounting, finance, human resources, and administrative departments of the company. The DFA will be responsible for building all short and long-term financial forecasts while consistently working to improve the bottom line of the company by leading a team of personnel managing day-to-day financial operations.
Provide financial and administrative oversight for the organization and be responsible for the entire range of financial management, from daily operations to high-level management.
Financial Management: 50%
- Oversee the annual and quarterly financial planning/budget process and prepare for the annual operating budget.
- Prepare monthly profit/loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statements and ensure that all properties in Cohobnb’s portfolio are performing financially to our standards
- Oversee the Trust/Escrow Homeowner monthly and bi-monthly Homeowner’s Statement process with our accounting team and ensure that any owner’s financial needs are being satisfied in a timely and accurate manner - continually audit accounting’s performance and see about ways to improve the process
- Oversee payroll, payroll liabilities, and benefits including PTO, 401k management and
- Assess growth strategies and ensure that the company is growing in a sustainable manner in all operations.
- Ensure efficient functioning and documentation for all financial systems including receipts, disbursements, billing, bookkeeping, budgeting, and accounting. Supervise the Office Manager and oversee accounts receivable and payable.
- Develop and implement market expansion strategies with the team
Human Resources: 25%
- Oversee compensation, recruitment, performance appraisals, and staff training and development activities
- Advise and counsel the management team on personnel and management issues.
- Advise and counsel staff on personnel policies and procedures including compensation, recruitment, and performance. Oversee employee-related insurance, as well as retirement and medical flex programs
- Develop and manage comprehensive training programs to ensure employee satisfaction levels are consistently high and develop employee retention strategies
- Schedule Staff quarterly company meetings and manage all logistics for the annual executive retreat.
Administrative Elements: 25%
- Oversee and ensure all record-keeping, including all Broker managed property files are in an organized and compliant manner with Arkansas Real Estate regulations.
- Assist and manage the legal department with new contractual agreements and obligations
- Develop comprehensive and complete operative system audits and ensure that the performance of software, employees, vendors and other management systems are aligned with financial strategy
- Develop and implement administrative strategy around new projects including office expansion, warehouse expansion, or new market expansion.
- Minimum 3 years in a financial and/or administration management position
- Bachelor's degree in finance or business administration required with an MBA in Finance preferred.
- Minimum 3 years managing budgets, accounting, and
- 5+ years as a Director of Finance, CFO, or certified public accountant experience preferred.
- Have worked in a startup or extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Sage Intacct training is a huge plus
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to solve complex problems by selecting the most appropriate course of action
- Must pass a background check prior to hire
Compensation: Annual Salary
- $65,000 - $75,000 based on experience and qualifications
- Bonuses are available based on annual bottom-line savings
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days, retirement benefits and flexibility to work from home some days
Other Benefits: QSEHRA - healthcare reimbursement package