$2,000 cash reward for whoever refers us to hire this position!!
Do you love traveling, the great outdoors, and building innovative structures (luxury treehouses, geodesic domes, etc.)?
Ready to elevate your career with a purpose-driven team and have your work seen by millions?
Have you ever desired to get in on the ground floor of a big idea that puts a dent in the universe?
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be THE front-line leader developing the future of luxury+outdoor vacation rentals & scaling a company to #1 while reaping the financial benefits of success.
Are you a results-oriented, innovative, and analytical team member who is self-motivated and driven? If you are a resourceful problem-solver and do whatever it takes to keep the job on the critical path, this position was designed for you. Careful with details, construction ideology, and local codes, yet aggressive about rapid implementation and operational efficiency, the ultimate candidate will loath routine work and thrive in a more intense, sprint environment. Speed to completion is your M.O., and you rest in between sprints. Simply put, you are incredibly competitive and hardworking, you love your work, and you are best-in-class at planning and executing innovative designs and managing the trades required to get the job done. If this sounds like you, allow us to tell you about us.
Click here to watch a 90-second video from the owners!
Bolt Farm Treehouse is a nationally renowned, fast-growing company that designs, builds, and operates luxury nature retreats across America. A unique hybrid between a boutique hotel and vacation rental, Bolt Farm Treehouse offers its guests a world-class experience in one-of-a-kind nature settings.
Our creative structures, attention to detail, award-winning hospitality, and iconic nature settings make Bolt Farm Treehouse one of America’s most celebrated luxury nature retreats. Our designs & builds are featured in Architectural Digest, Netflix, Magnolia Network, Condé Nast Traveler, Good Morning America, Southern Living, BuzzFeed, Charleston Home & Design, and many more!
We are a winning team of high-performers who strive for excellence, work with urgency, and value work that has a lasting impact! All team members are all-star human beings with a passion and drive to do meaningful work and have meaningful relationships. We enjoy challenging work and being pioneers in the construction and hospitality industries. You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here.
Company core values we live and work by:
- Best is the standard.
- Honesty & integrity always win.
- We are growth-minded & hard-working.
- We work with urgency and efficiency.
- We communicate with radical candor.
- We celebrate every victory.
- We value faith and family.
Bolt Farm Treehouse is hiring a full-time Director of Development to oversee and facilitate the company’s expansion into several new locations around the USA. Your role as Director of Development is to expedite the construction process and maximize efficiencies throughout each build. Your goal will be to ensure all construction projects are completed on time and to our (luxury hospitality) standards of excellence.
Not for everyone, but perfect for the right person; this job requires living on or near the property during construction, estimated to last 4-6 months. We drive hard and at full speed during construction, then we exhale, rest and celebrate the victory once it’s complete. Days off and the occasional long weekend are permissible during the building phase. You will be able to take PTO after construction is complete.
You must be a self-driven A-player who is confident in your ability to produce the following results:
- Swift execution of all pre-construction planning materials & detailed bid packages for all trades. Identify and implement a construction management software platform.
- Hiring trades ahead of each build, clearly defining the scope of work, schedule, and critical path for the project. Then, enforcing accountability with all trades.
- Make on-site decisions & conduct regular inspections of each site to ensure that the project is proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards. Maintain a highly organized, clean, safe, and efficiently-run job site that produces on-time and on-budget completion.
- Work closely with the team to develop and design unique and replicable designs that are effective, efficient, and on-brand. Design and facilitate a structured R&D process that leverages internal and external data focus groups and consumer reviews. Improve our product & process by finding efficiencies to shorten build times. Find ways to decrease on-site carpentry needs via prefabricated solutions that you source. Work with manufacturing partners to develop panelized construction methodology. Identify, engage and manage contractors and manufacturers to complete each project.
- Work with the Director of Finance to prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, change orders, and cost tracking reports.
Preferred, but not required:
- At least 5 years experience in development/architectural/ construction prefabrication/manufacturing and/or construction management
- Proven experience with all aspects of construction project management
- High aptitude for managing priorities, making decisions and resolving problems to meet goals.
- Proficient with G-Suite (Google Docs & Google Sheets)
- Willingness to live on or near new construction sites as the company builds in new locations.
- Ten years of experience in construction project management.
- PMP certification or an equivalent will be an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture.
Compensation: $150,000 - $200,000 annual salary based on experience and qualifications
- Consideration for participation in the company profit share at two-year work anniversary OR performance-based bonuses for on-time, on-budget completion
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Having your work highlighted in press features. Recent features include Architectural Digest, Netflix, Good Morning America, etc.