We are looking for a results-oriented, innovative, and analytical team member who is self-motivated and driven. If you are a resourceful problem-solver and you do whatever it takes to keep the job on the critical path, this position was designed for you. Careful with details, construction ideology, and local codes, yet aggressive about rapid implementation and operational efficiency, the ultimate candidate will loath routine work and thrive in a more intense, sprint environment. Speed to completion is your M.O. and you rest in between sprints. Simply put, you love your work, you are competitive, and you are best-in-class at planning and executing innovative designs and managing the trades required to get the job done. If this sounds like you, allow us to tell you about us.
Click here to watch a 90-second video from the owners!
Ready to elevate your career with a purpose-driven team and have your work seen by millions?
Bolt Farm Treehouse is a nationally renowned, fast-growing company that designs, builds, and operates luxury nature retreats across America. A unique hybrid between a boutique hotel and vacation rental, Bolt Farm Treehouse offers its guests a world-class experience in one-of-a-kind nature settings.
Our creative structures, attention to detail, award-winning hospitality, and iconic nature settings have helped Bolt Farm Treehouse earn its place as one of the most celebrated luxury nature retreats in America. Our designs & builds have been featured in Architectural Digest, Netflix, Magnolia Network, Condé Nast Traveler, Good Morning America, Southern Living, BuzzFeed, Charleston Home & Design, …and more!
We are a winning team of high-performers who strive for excellence, work with urgency, and value work that has a lasting impact! All team members are all-star human beings with a passion and drive to do meaningful work and have meaningful relationships. We enjoy challenging work and being pioneers in the construction and hospitality industries. You won’t find grumbling, negative co-workers here.
Company core values we live and work by:
- Best is the standard.
- Honesty & integrity always win.
- We are growth-minded.
- We work with urgency and efficiency.
- We communicate with radical candor
- We celebrate every victory.
- We value faith and family.
Bolt Farm Treehouse is hiring a full-time Director of Construction to oversee and facilitate the company’s expansion into several new locations around the USA. Your role as Director of Construction is to expedite the construction process and maximize efficiencies throughout each build. Your goal will be to ensure all construction projects are completed on time and to our standards of excellence.
We build on an extremely short, efficient schedule, and we work with a “whatever it takes'' mentality to get the job done. You can expect an intense pace and long hours during the construction phase. After each build is complete, you will have time off to rest.
- Plan, schedule, and oversee the project to ensure adherence to standards of performance, quality, cost, and safety.
- Conduct daily inspections of each site and track progress, quality, upcoming needs, payment approval requests etc.
- Facilitates county inspections
- Hire/fire trades (includes negotiating vendor contracts)
- Work with the Site Supervisor to manage materials and equipment.
- Sourcing & ordering materials at the best prices available
- Make on-site decisions
- Work with the Financial Controller to prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, change orders, and cost tracking reports.
- Ensure that the project is proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards.
- Improving our product & process by finding efficiencies & better solutions
- At least 5 years experience in construction management
- Proven experience with all aspects of construction project management
- High aptitude for managing priorities, making decisions, and resolving problems to meet goals.
- Proficient with G-Suite (Google Docs & Google Sheets)
- Willingness to temporarily relocate for several months at a time as the company builds in new locations.
- 10 years experience in construction project management
- PMP certification or an equivalent will be an advantage
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture.
- Experienced with Co-Construct project management software
Compensation: $120,000 - $150,000 annual salary based on experience and qualifications
- Performance-based bonuses (for finishing ahead of schedule)
- $5,000 bonus on your two year work anniversary
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Having your work credited in press features
- Consideration for participation in the company profit share at two year work anniversary