Blue Cedar Partners (BCP) is a premier provider within the vacation rental hospitality industry offering support and services to vacation rental managers. Within the year 2022, BCP will launch a brand that will become the gold standard in representing over 1000 homes within North America. We are building a unique culture around talented people who love what they do and appreciate the story of David & Goliath. As our team members grow and succeed, so does our company. This group of explorers is on a mission of service innovation and brand building that makes our guests and partners rave. We are calling on passionate and talented people to join us on our journey of discovery. So, we ask, are you ready to explore the possibilities with us?
The Director of Brand Marketing is a key member of the Brand Marketing Team. This role functions as a brand steward leading all marketing efforts primarily for Blue Cedar Partners and its undisclosed brands. This position will lead all aspects of the brand marketing strategies, creativity, messaging, partnerships, experiential activation, and advertising/marketing communications. This role will champion the creation of marketing and brand voice activation platforms to support driving sales, marketing, public relations, and Digital at all touch points inside the vacation rental space to drive business profitability and success amongst its vacation rental partners.
This Marketing Director has responsibility for the brand marketing program spend related to their primary brands of responsibility. In this position, he/she will be responsible for the content and implementation of the brand-wide marketing plan and support all brand programming efforts for the brands under their direction.
- The position will develop marketing strategies, manage budgets, develop and execute programs (e.g., brand voice, marketing communications, direct marketing campaigns), as well as advance key relevant segments.
- This individual will be the champion to ensure brand voice is activated at all identified consumer touch points.
- Primary responsibilities include the synthesis of information relevant to the planning process, incorporation of input from key business leaders through the planning process, development of plan content, program budgets and results, development and execution of marketing programs, direct marketing campaigns, and collaboration on any brand media strategy and buying.
- While the Director will have direct responsibility over the Blue Cedar Partners brands, they may also take on responsibility for other brand business extensions related to brand marketing depending on overall need.
- This position requires a self-motivated professional who is an experienced strategic marketer with a passion for brands and delivering on-brand communications.
Brand Marketing Planning and Implementation
- Develops recommended brand marketing plans in context of company go-to-market strategy, including 1-2 year objectives, strategies, target customer descriptions, organizing marketing concepts to integrate/ amplify marketing programs, key metrics, and 18-month marketing calendar.
- Sets brand messaging strategy to provide direction and prioritization to the marketing organization and broader customer contact channels.
- Aligns brand marketing program investments with objectives and strategies and ensures appropriate funding levels are secured for all programs identified in the marketing plans.
- Develops visual and verbal aspects of brand voice.
- Supports development and execution of all brand communications; on-line, off-line, targeted media, direct marketing, experiential landing environments and brand pages.
- Develops high impact communications to deliver brand marketing plans and plan updates to HQ senior leaders, marketing departments, regional teams, franchisees, and hotel general managers.
- Establishes comprehensive marketing strategies for the brands under their responsibility along the entire consumer journey, including experiential marketing activations, content creation and earned, owned and paid media communications to promote these activities.
- Maintains strong knowledge of our core target customer and brings the latest marketing insights and innovations into the organization in order to inform and frame marketing plans.
Supporting the global positioning and growth of the portfolio
- Coordinates and supports key organizations including global marketing, public relations, sales, marketing, finance, owner services, revenue management, Digital, regional sales/marketing leaders and other functions to drive effective, on-brand execution and results requirements of the plan.
- Interfaces with Global Sales to develop and execute appropriate field sales and marketing plans globally.
- Ensures that business model, positioning and core proof points are clearly articulated for the brands, understood by key stakeholders and scalable to drive system growth.
Managing marketing budgets, scorecard results
- Develops annual marketing program budgets and allocates budgets by program based on the marketing plan. Maintains tracking and reporting of key budget operational processes and reports throughout the year.
- Works with Consumer Insights, Reporting & Analytics, Finance and other groups to develop/maintain marketing scorecard processes and reports throughout the year (metrics include: program revenue, profit, key awareness and perception shift measurements, paid search revenue, digital results and other metrics as pre-established in the marketing plan).
- Holds accountability for ensuring marketing program budgets and administrative budget targets are met and not overspent.
Delivering on the Needs of Vacation Rental Partners
- Understands and meets the needs of vacation rental partners.
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.
- Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Providing Technical Support and Consultation
- Provides technical expertise and technical leadership within own and other teams.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes and programs.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of function-specific procedures.
- Applies knowledge/judgment to achieve business goals.
- Foresees, identifies, and resolves problems.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
- Performs other reasonable duties as required for this position.
- Communication- Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change- Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development- Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team- Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships- Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others- Supports the development of others’ skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Continuous Learning- Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen– Expertly understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges, and function as a thought leader in his or her area of expertise.
- Brand Marketing, Creative Agency Management
- Business Acumen- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major and 8+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience managing and defining transformational strategies for business units.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $95,000 - $225,000 with Bonuses
Bonus Details: Opportunity for Founder's shares.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee recognition programs
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Telecommuting options
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules