What began as a single restaurant and retail shop in stunning Key West has now become a global brand beloved and easily recognized for the carefree spirit of our founder, Jimmy Buffett.
Guests worldwide count on us for our exceptional service, tropical vibes, and undeniable good times whenever they stay at one of the many Margaritaville properties. Now they’ll have another exciting option - a tropical paradise in Panama City Beach.
Sprawling over 13 acres on nearly 600 feet of gorgeous beachfront in Panama City Beach, the new Margaritaville Beach Cottage Resort is currently under construction and getting ready for the 2023 season. We are building 120 custom vacation homes with multiple food and beverage venues, a clubhouse with upscale amenities, an outdoor resort pool, and direct beach access to transport guests and owners into the Margaritaville state of mind.
If you think visiting Margaritaville is fun, just wait until you work here.
We’re currently searching for a personable, data-driven, and experienced Controller to join our team at our brand-new property in sunny Panama City Beach. Working closely with our Senior Managers and managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, you will play a vital role in shaping our financial landscape.
As the perfect candidate, you must be a people person who appreciates a happy and laid-back atmosphere while still being productive and working with a high
degree of accuracy. Excellent communication skills will also be essential, as well as being adept at using technology to improve our processes and efficiencies.
In this role, you'll be responsible for meeting deadlines and handling day-to-day transactions, such as accounts receivable, cash management, and financial reporting, while also contributing to the annual budget.
In the Margaritaville spirit, we're looking for someone who can create a positive, welcoming environment that fosters growth, collaboration, and fun.
If you're excited about making a splash in the world of finance while enjoying a bit of paradise, grab your flip-flops and join us at Margaritaville Panama City Beach!
See you in PCB!
- Lead the day-to-day operation of our Accounting Department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and our credit card program and financial reporting.
- Responsible for the month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations, general ledger analysis, and financial reports for the executive team and board members.
- Manage daily cash flow, project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, schedule monthly billing, and other cash management techniques to ensure timely cash collection.
- Contribute to the creation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts and monitor throughout the month.
- Oversee AR for online travel agencies like Airbnb, merchant accounts, and direct booking checks.
- Perform bank reconciliation of operating, expense, and payroll accounts.
- Analyze performance reporting and make recommendations to improve net income.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or another business-related field (A CPA or MBA is a plus)
- 5+ years of accounting experience, including experience as an Accounting Manager or Controller
- Experience with vacation rental trust accounting is a plus
- Excellent technology, analytical, and management experience is required.
- Uniform systems of accounts for the lodging industry
- Experience with M3 Core Accounting is a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $95,000
Bonus: Up to 20% bonus based on Individual and Company performance.
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
- Flexible schedule with regular business hours and the availability to work irregular hours as needed.