Gather Vacations is a full-service luxury property management company representing 400+ luxury properties in the islands of Hawaii, and the Western US. We are an innovative and ambitious team rethinking the vacation rental experience - fusing industry-leading technology with tailored, top-notch experiences for our guests and homeowners.
We're in the business of making others feel at home, so when you join our team, you're not only working with the industry’s best - you’re family. We foster deep, genuine connections with each other, and inspire and equip our team to trust, learn and evolve, find a healthy work-life balance, and be the best at what they do!
We are searching for a detail-oriented, data-driven, and strategic Accounting Controller to join our financial team. As our full-time Accounting Controller, you will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the accounting department and work closely with our CFO to implement new initiatives and optimize existing systems to improve our financial performance and scale our business.
This position requires a strong proficiency in technology, excellent communication, and analytical skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet critical business deadlines. A candidate with previous experience in property management and implementing new technology is a big plus!
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Accounting department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, our credit card program, and much more.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations, general ledger analysis, and monthly financial reports for the executive team and board members.
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management, timing of monthly billing, and other cash management techniques to ensure timely cash collection.
- Research, evaluate, implement and streamline finance department policies, procedures, controls, and initiatives including software and systems implementation, and other departmental or company-wide improvements, as needed.
- Contribute to the production of the annual budget and monthly forecasts and monitor on a monthly basis.
- Understand GAAP and firm accounting policies and procedures and work closely with the CFO, executive team, and peers to facilitate efficient and effective accounting operations firm-wide.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or another business-related field. A CPA or MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of accounting experience, including experience as an Accounting Manager or Controller.
- Oracle Netsuite experience is preferred.
- Concur or other credit card expense management experience is required.
- Strong communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent technology, analytical, and management experience is required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
SALARY: Annual Salary $100,000-$110,000
- Flexible working environment
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Equity Grant Options
- Sick Leave
- Company sponsored 401(k)
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Paid maternity leave
- Fully remote position
- Looking to make an immediate hire