Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and -operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but also have many remote and travel roles, as well as field teams that include W-2 and 1099 team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and Southwest.
Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 350+ properties in 25+ markets, offering services to clients in:
- Property Management
- Management Support
- Temporary Housing Relocation
As veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at PFH, you will become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
As our Closing Coordinator, you will work alongside title sellers, insurance agents, and lenders to oversee timely and accurate closings of all new acquisitions. To be the right candidate, it will be important to have extensive experience handling closings of Single Family Homes in excess of 50 homes per month, ideally for an institutional buyer with a portfolio of homes of more than 1,000 doors. A paralegal background is strongly desired.
In this role as our Closing Coordinator, the goal will be to assist us in closing 20 homes per month in September/October to 100 homes per month by mid-2023. For you to be able to scale at this rate, it will require you to be motivated, organized, and highly detail oriented. A few added challenges for closing at scale for an SFR portfolio buyer vs. traditional closings are:
- Less uniform lending structure: We work with more than one lender, and each has their own requirements, which will require slightly different checklists and processes.
- Securing signatures: The owners and operators of the company are always on the road, so arranging for signatures can be an added challenge. Some buyers and closing agents struggle to get comfortable with remote closings involving an institutional buyer.
- Multiple markets: Because we close on homes in over 15 states, as the Closing Coordinator, you will need to be able to structure and manage processes across multiple states and local municipalities.
- Develop systems and processes to close 100+ homes per month across multiple markets while ensuring the proper recording of all required paperwork for insurance, lenders, title, and in-house accounting.
- Recruit, train, and oversee all personnel that works for the closing department.
- Ensure all home closing documents are structured and organized in digital and physical form for reporting, accounting, and legal purposes.
- Create and maintain a pipeline matrix to ensure Executive Leadership and other Departments (Renovations, Operations, and Accounting) can build timelines for new inventory.
- Paralegal with extensive real estate experience required.
- Experience closing homes for an institutional property owner across a multi-state footprint doing 100+ acquisitions per month in the SFR category and/or 10+ per month in the STR category; candidates who lack this direct experience need to demonstrate comparable experience.
- Scrupulous attention to detail that thrives in building and enforcing strict and detailed processes.
- Capable of recruiting, certifying, and overseeing more junior closing specialists.
- Able to effectively communicate in writing and in person with members of the Executive Leadership Team, other department heads, and external partners (agents, lenders, insurance, etc.).
- Adept at learning new IT platforms.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $45,000 - $60,000 based on experience and achievement
Bonus Details: Up to 8% bonus for meeting performance metrics
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs