When you join our team at Sojourn, you become part of a company that has established itself as an industry leader in furnished hospitality. Our success is directly attributed to our commitment to place service and hospitality at the forefront of everything we do.
As reflected in our tagline, "Passionate about Human Hospitality,” we firmly believe that the human touch is essential in delivering exceptional service to all who trust us - whether for their stay or property management.
We also strongly believe that in order to hold such high expectations of our employees, we need to honor their individuality and needs. That conviction has led us to create a professional, flexible work environment where roles are clearly defined, and each team member is encouraged to use their unique skills and expertise to succeed.
Join us at Sojourn, where your precision, efficiency, and analytical approach won’t just be respected but rewarded.
We’re seeking a Client Facing Controller to lead the way in the financial operations of Sojourn’s properties. If you're a senior accountant interested in filling a flexible role where your expertise will directly impact our mutual growth, this opportunity is tailor-made for you.
As the Client Facing Controller, with the mission to increase revenue for our clients, you will be our property owners' primary point of contact. You will optimize performance across departments and streamline accounting processes for accuracy and efficiency.
Additionally, your insights and expertise will be crucial in driving the corporate accounting process forward and supporting our CEO and COO in harnessing the potential of the fractional CFO.
To excel in this role, your success will hinge on your ability to demonstrate your strong leadership skills and personal initiative. It will also be crucial for you to be proficient in online accounting tools and excel in team management.
Apply today and join us in our journey of growth and success. Our leadership team is looking forward to hearing from you.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting functions for multiple properties.
- Manage month-end close for all properties and, where applicable, their budget process.
- Perform financial analysis of balance sheets and income statements for clients.
- Be the primary point of contact for our client on financial issues.
- Oversee and provide leadership to the accounting team, including supervising and training.
- Analyze billing, expenses, and job costing.
- Ensure timely payment of all liabilities and processing of cash receipts for properties.
- Monitor outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable and the associated aging of those accounts.
- Develop and Implement efficiencies and processes and implement accounting guidance associated with various accounting transactions, including the adoption of new accounting standards.
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations, returns filings, and tax liabilities payments,
- Work with our revenue management team to ensure every property is priced correctly to maximize revenue.
- Build scalable tools, analysis, and processes for pricing all asset types
- Support the Executive Team with budgeting, strategic planning, and forecasting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
- CPA, CPA-eligible or MBA is highly preferred but not required
- 5+ years of accounting experience or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in Property Management Accounting
- Able to communicate effectively with clients, executive leadership, and business partners
- Experience building and retaining a high-performing team with a proactive customer service mindset in a growing, dynamic environment
- Proficient in GAAP accounting and establishing robust internal controls across an organization.
- Proficient with Quickbooks and property management software is a must. Familiarity with Buildium and/or Guesty is a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $75,000 - $125,000 based on achievement and expertise
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday through Friday business hours with flexibility to work overtime and weekends as needed.