EXPERIENCED Cleaning & Maintenance Coordinator
Department: Operations Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Operations Manager
Purpose of the Position:
The Cleaning & Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Property Managers and Operations Staff in overseeing all housekeeping and maintenance operations for scheduling cleaners, to ensure profitability, control costs, and quality standards obtaining total customer satisfaction. This is an in-office position. Coordinating maintenance requests and the timely closure of work orders while maintaining an accurate schedule for all vendors, contractors, and other field staff. Training contractors to our standards, delivering expectations on the usage of our mobile applications to efficiently move each cleaning event quickly and thoroughly to clean status.
The ultimate goal of all employees is to deliver excellent customer service, create a unique experience for all guests and owners which makes them want to return, refer our services, or share their happy experience with the world. Each employee should be loyal, positive, and a proud Ambassador of Roelens Vacations.
CORE Competencies for this role:
- Hospitality experience is a must. Hotel or vacation rental experience is a great plus
- Upbeat and positive can-do attitude. Leadership Qualities with a strong personality
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written, even when the news is less than pleasant
- A team-player so the company is successful and prospers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced often high-pressure environment
- Expert skill with self-organization and setting systems to ensure personal efficiency
- Complete understanding that hospitality hours include, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Complete understanding that our guest is not a completed sale until they have happily checked out and left us a 5-star Review
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- We strive to exceed every guests’ expectations by delivering customer service in a memorable, professional, and knowledgeable way
- We are calm, patient, and polite whenever a guest offers feedback to us
- We ask each guest while smiling “What can I do for you today?”
- We are confident, self-motivated, and demonstrate a passionate commitment to Roelens Vacations
- We set a great example offering good will to new employees, guests who contact us, and anyone who decides to visit us in person
Key Primary Responsibilities:
- Train team members within the department-specific Roelens Vacations standards.
- Develop a weekly / monthly schedule for all cleaning contractors – assigned cleaners to assigned homes as often as possible.
- Onboard new cleaner contractors – gathering necessary start work documents such as W9, COI, Direct Deposit information.
- Train and develop all housekeeping contractors in the use of our mobile applications and ensure all required steps are met during the clean event.
- Manage a continuous and progressive general clean program for all homes adhering to CDC & Roelens Guidelines.
- Maintain a comprehensive recurring maintenance program for our homes.
- Maintain a comprehensive program to generate work orders for the Maintenance & Accounting Departments.
- Close work orders to completion for accounting to bill.
- Follow-up with Vendors, owners, guests, and other employees is a key expectation to managing this function.
- Act as a backup for inspectors or cleaners in the event of manpower shortage or missed cleanings.
- Promote aggressive hospitality service among all members of the department.
- Perform all administrative duties for the department including, but not limited to assisting in budget control, scheduling, purchasing of supplies, hiring, performance appraisals, etc.
- Monitor guest service ratings and direct efforts to maintain proper standards.
- Apply all coaching and counseling techniques in accordance with Roelens Training and Development policy. Discharge non-performance contractors when necessary.
- Maintain a great relationship with unit owners at all times. Keeping Owner services / Property Managers informed of items affecting one of their owners or homes.
- Work with Owner Services to ensure proper communication regarding unit conditions and or replacement of items if needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000- $45,000 annual salary based on experience
- Employee Assistance Program: free counseling services
- Employee Discount program.
- Dental, vision, life insurance, disability programs available.
- Vacation and PTO program