Located in the heart of Upstate New York’s beautiful Finger Lakes Region with rolling hills, rural culture, and a relaxed country lifestyle, Finger Lakes Premier Properties (FLPP) is leading the vacation rental and real estate sales industry with an established team and reputation for providing stellar customer service and high value for over 30 years. With this expertise, we manage 300 privately owned lakeside vacation homes, a branded hotel, a local university, some long-term rentals, and multiple condominium projects. Our real estate sales department also specializes in waterfront properties.
As a leadership team, we have cultivated a culture where we support each other in striving for excellence. We enjoy a flexible job environment and love that we are constantly evolving. As we grow, we feel it is essential to offer our employees growth opportunities with the necessary training to meet those opportunities with confidence. We have made it a practice to show appreciation for this type of dedication by offering recognition and rewards for a well-done job.
As the Chief Operating Officer, you will work closely with our Visionary (Founder). In this role, it will be essential for you to be the “glue” that integrates our people, processes, and priorities. Your effectiveness will be evidenced in having all our “trains run on time.” To make this happen, you will need to be able to train our teams, develop and maintain day-to-day operations, be obsessed with organizational clarity, and ensure that our different departments and systems are all working together cohesively.
As the COO, we will look to you as our strategic planner, seeking and identifying new opportunities for our growth and evolution and assisting our visionary by understanding the larger picture for the company and breaking that down into strategic steps that’ll move the company forward.
- Have a holistic view of our operations and services; ensuring the organization is consistent “rowing” together in the same direction.
- Lead the strategic adoption of EOS.
- Maximize employee engagement through the oversite and implementation of a People Plan.
- Integrate the functions of the business and oversee day-to-day operations
- Filter and translate our Visionary’s ideas into operational plans for the company.
- Execute on the Visionary's ideas and follow through on the business plan achieving or exceeding established business and financial objectives.
- Hold the leadership team accountable for results aligned with our business goals.
- Develop comprehensive goals for company growth and explores new revenue streams in the hospitality industry.
- Attract, retain, and develop a high-performing team.
- Cultivate and manage healthy relationships with strategic partners and vendors.
- Coach the team to update, utilize, discuss and celebrate the value of organization processes and SOP’s.
- Oversee the activities of our HR Manager and ensure the HRIS system is utilized for maximum value.
- Consistently demonstrate a dedication to our corporate values, strong focus on objectives, simplicity, and clarity across the organization.
- Identify, develop, and/or explore comprehensive goals for company growth in revenue and efficiency.
- Understanding of and the ability to create healthy organizational culture is required.
- Proven results as an Integrator, General Manager, HR Director, Chief Operating Officer, Vice President, or a similarly relevant role.
- Experience building high-performing teams with an in-depth understanding of human resources, marketing, reservations, guest services, housekeeping, maintenance, and owner relations.
- Familiarity and personal or professional experience within the hospitality and real estate management and sales industries will be of value.
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly from strategizing to implementation and translating into tangible results.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics is required.
- A demonstrated execution mindset and a record of success in holding people accountable are required.
- Varied experiences and responsibilities in Operations, Finance, and Human Resources are strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- You must be willing to relocate to Penn Yan, New York.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary- $90,000 - $120,000 with Bonuses
Bonus Details: 15% of annual gross pay earning potential based on the attainment of company and individual goals.
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Relocation Assistance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Possible College Tuition reimbursement
- Discounts on select hotels nationally
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules