At onefinestay, we open doors to the finest homes and villas in the most desirable destinations and deliver one-of-a-kind service to both guests and homeowners around the world. The company launched in London in 2010 and became part of Accor in 2016. With each memorable stay, we deliver a level of personal service and professional hospitality unmatched in the private rental industry.
The Chief Operating Officer - Americas, will be responsible for the supply and service of all direct and indirect accommodation across the US, Mexico, Caribbean, and Central America, overseeing local operations to ensure guest, homeowner, and supplier experiences exceed expectations.
Reporting to the CEO, this is a complex role, responsible for ensuring stability as well as profitable growth across the Americas market. This role will work closely with the Strategy, Development & Finance division to deliver this goal. This role will also work closely with Brand & Marketing to deliver exceptional Guest, Host, and Partner experiences. The job holder will lead local teams to execute strategy and build brand awareness as well as assume overall P&L responsibility for the Americas market.
The focus of this job is on achieving results that are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. The initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal-oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. The emphasis is on results and effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing, and provides growth opportunities, recognition, and reward for the achievement of business results.
The key to success in this role is great leadership, the ability to interpret business strategy, and empower teams to deliver. It is important that the role holder aligns with our corporate values – we are customer-focused team players who are innovative, ambitious, trustworthy, and always striving for excellence.
- Delivering & driving top-line growth, working with local teams to hit ambitious targets while consistently acquiring homes that match our high standards.
- Close management and control of costs - a good understanding and oversight of the P&L will be a key focus.
- Building and managing Commercial, Guest Experience, and Operations teams. Ensuring they remain motivated to deliver on bold growth strategy, financial and service objectives.
- Continuously finding efficiencies and working on business improvements across all three pillars with your managers and other onefinestay stakeholders.
- Managing senior relationships among key partners and stakeholders including homeowners, property management companies, guests, local governing boards, partners, and relevant suppliers/vendors
- Working closely with Accor to leverage their expertise
- Managing aspects of the complex day-to-day operations
- P&L responsibility for the Americas market including US, Mexico, Caribbean & Central America
- Experience in business development and strategy, with the ability to demonstrate tangible growth against ambitious targets
- Operations experience in the luxury travel industry and relevant experience in the private rental industry
- Start-up experience is a strong plus – high-growth experience beneficial
- An experienced leader of all types of people. You will know how to motivate a team in high-pressure situations and collaborate cross-functionally and across geographies.
- Proven project management capabilities
- Love numbers, are commercially minded, and have experience managing large budgets
- Excellent communication skills (fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is essential)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary $120K-$150K USD (based on experience) with additional bonus potential
- Paid time off
- Health insurance and FSA