Our Founding Story:
BGT Enterprises has impacted the Village and Hamilton Park neighborhoods of downtown Jersey City since its inception in 2010. Our innovative, sustainable, and community-focused development projects have earned us an Urban Land Institute award for successfully transforming the old Holy Rosary School into the Brunswick Center - Jersey City’s Education, Health & Wellness Center.
As part of our mission to benefit Jersey City, we hire almost exclusively locals. Along with creating jobs in Jersey City, we believe in giving back to the community by transforming the area into a vibrant destination and economic hub.
Our company is currently working on multiple development projects that will invest in the community and bring new opportunities. These plans include a 50-unit new construction project, offering loans on investments, and expanding our preschools for future generations. Each project is unique and deeply rooted in providing
something special for those around us, and we are eager to see the results of all these hardworking endeavors.
We would love to hear from you if you have the skills to contribute to a company with a large vision for the future and can execute plans strategically.
The Chief Operating & Financial Officer (COO/CFO) plays a vital role in our company, responsible for overseeing all operations and the management of current and future staff. You will also be in charge of overseeing finances as well as tracking the Real Estate Portfolio with our Property Manager.
In addition, you will create, organize, maintain, and track timelines for all current inventory and future business development activities to streamline processes and increase revenue. Applicants for this position must demonstrate entrepreneurial qualities, a strong work ethic, a "roll-up-the-sleeves" attitude, and unquestionable integrity.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and an unparalleled work environment. If you are ready for an exciting career that rewards hard work and dedication while making a tangible impact in the community - this is the right place for you!
- Compile annual budget for each entity for board review and approval; forecast requirements and financials; schedule expenditures; analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions
- Manage the budgets of each business or property and maintain a short and long-term view of the company and Principals’ liquidity position.
- Create, organize, maintain, and track the timelines of all current inventory and future business development activities.
- Help with all Hiring needs. Communicate job expectations; monitor & appraise job results. Develop, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Increase revenue sources by considering creative ancillary businesses or help get a few off the ground
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in Real Estate Multi Family, Construction and finance and required
- Minimum 5 years of managing people
- Experience managing a P & L
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Ability to create financial modeling in Excel
- Ability and willingness to operate strategically and tactically and to translate strategies into pragmatic plans that serve and support the business.
- Must be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in QuickBooks
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $120,000 - $150,000 based on achievement and experience
Bonus: Up to 20% based on company & individual performance
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Childcare benefits
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Relocation assistance