Brittain Resorts and Hotels specializes in legendary guest satisfaction, property management, and marketing. The foundation for our success was laid long before the company was formed, with roots beginning in 1943 at the historic Chesterfield Inn in the heart of Myrtle Beach, S.C.
From the beginning, the Brittain family worked as a team, doing everything from making beds to washing dishes on a busy weekend, creating an environment where integrity and trust are paramount even today. With decades of experience in the hospitality industry, we have fostered a set of core values that guide associate development on a personal and professional level. With over 4,000 rooms in the portfolio, BRH currently operates 22 hotels and resorts and 45+ restaurants & bars within the United States.
WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE… We love what we do! As leaders in the South Carolina hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of talented individuals focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make a difference to each of our guests.
We seek a Chief Engineer to captain our grounds and maintenance teams, optimize the operations and upkeep of our multi-unit hotels and resorts, and ensure the high-quality standards of our leading brand, Brittain Resorts & Hotels, in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC.
This management position requires proven experience in hotel and resort maintenance to plan, develop, and implement maintenance programs for our portfolio of properties, coordinate our internal grounds teams and maintenance technicians, oversee renovation bidding and sub-contractors, and manage the finances of the maintenance department.
To be successful in this role, you should be self-motivated to manage multiple projects simultaneously, highly organized to accomplish goals on deadline and possess a strong sense of responsibility to take ownership of the management of our resort maintenance.
Your excellent leadership and interpersonal skills are an asset to communicating effectively with your maintenance teams, management, homeowners, third-party vendors, and our valued guests.
Reporting to the Resort General Manager, the responsibilities of the Chief Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to team members. Recruit, train, counsel, and review the maintenance and grounds team members according to company, state, and federal regulations.
- Develop, implement and manage programs for the operation and maintenance of all guest rooms, associate areas, equipment, physical structures, landscaping, and swimming pools, conducting regular inspections to ensure compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the maintenance department and ensure all emergency procedures are communicated and implemented.
- Manage the finances of our maintenance department, including financial forecasts, budgets, and expenditure control for labor, inventory, and supplies.
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, maintain records, and oversee general contractors and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed.
- Answer and document all incoming calls from the housekeepers, supervisors, front desk, homeowner services, and guests - delegating duties with consistent follow-up.
- Promptly resolve any guest complaints or issues, monitor and maintain guest service scores and performance metrics related to maintenance, and implement changes/improvements to achieve a high standard of service and guest satisfaction.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Resort or General Manager.
- Experience in hotel or resort maintenance with 250+ rooms with multi-unit type experience is required.
- Preference for candidates that have experience with larger units that include kitchens.
- Experience managing teams of 10+ associates is a must.
- Certified Pool Operator preferred.
- Driver’s License required.
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred with emphasis in Hospitality or five years in a supervisory or management position.
- Previous experience managing a team of maintenance associates through motivation, coaching, and development.
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating, and personal interface skills.
- IQWare knowledge and experience preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: Up to $63,000 depending on property location and experience
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spendings or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement