Based in Destin, Florida, Xplorie, LLC (“Xplorie”) is the leading provider of guest experience solutions to the lodging industry. Partnering with the best local tours and attractions in many of the most popular U.S. vacation destinations, Xplorie tech-enabled services assist lodging providers with reducing overhead while simultaneously leveraging local activities and attractions to differentiate their properties and drive increased revenue. Since 1996, Xplorie has delivered turn-key solutions, and with the launch of its’ voice-based virtual concierge in 2020, Xplorie continues to deliver memories that will last a lifetime.
We are committed to surrounding ourselves with the kind of people who possess our core values so that ultimately, we can all look back with pride on both the great company we have built and the quality of people that we have had the pleasure of working with. Xplorie employees embody the following core values, or as we like to call them: The X Factors.
Relentlessly Resourceful – We are scrappy and celebrate our ability to find the best way to get it done and move on to the next thing.
Win as One – We are a team. We collaborate. When there is a win, it is a win for all.
Give – Get – It is the Xplorie Rule. Treat others as they would wish to be treated, give what you would want to get. Do the right thing!
Own It – Whatever it is, take it to the finish line with pride and determination. We trust our team to act like an owner with their work, and in doing so have the autonomy and purpose to see it through.
Enjoy the Journey – There will be bumps in the road and maybe a wrong turn here or there, but we know that, we love it, and we enjoy every step of the journey!
Xplorie is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations to join our team either in-person or as a remote employee. This role is responsible for managing Xplorie’s financial and business affairs, human resources, Call Center Operations, and operational revenue. The Director of Finance and Operations is a member of the company’s executive management team. Remote members of the company’s executive management team are required to work from the corporate office one (1) week per month to allow for in-person executive strategy and planning meetings.
- Oversee all financial planning, new business planning, budget production and control needed to realize Xplorie’s fiscal and business goals.
- Management and oversight of all aspects of accounting operations, including, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and management of financial controls.
- Development and maintenance of monthly and annual financial reporting necessary to ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company.
- Management of outside tax advisors in the preparation of annual tax returns and reviews, as well as consultation of tax consequences on management decisions.
- Monitor, analyze, and regularly report key metrics, including non-financial metrics such as Human Resource issues to the Leadership Team.
- Financial and business analysis of potential partnerships and acquisitions
- With the Customer Service Manager, oversee the planning and overall management of the Call Center, including the efficient development of its short- and long-term strategies.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner.
- Oversee Human Resource programs, policies, procedures, and compensation administration.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience preferably in hospitality, sales, or marketing.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, BI).
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional mathematical and analytical skills.
- Confident, approachable, an independent self-starter with great organizational skills
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Base salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Insurance – Xplorie will pay 80% of the premium cost for Employee and family, including major medical, vision and dental
- 401K Matching up to four percent of employee’s base salary
Personalized Vacation Program – unlimited PTO