Our client is a boutique hospitality brand at the apex of the luxury travel space offering bucket-list leisure and corporate experiences and adventures. Delivering VIP access to the exclusive gems and best-kept secrets of their destinations are signature services of this unicorn company.
An exceptionally creative organization with an innovative product, our client separates from the competition in clear and distinct ways: unsurpassed locations, understated luxury in all aspects, learned regional expertise, and personalized service throughout, capped by a well-established reputation for excellence.
With a best-in-industry sales pitch, a quantifiable level of expertise in luxury hospitality and tourism, and an intimate understanding of the target market(s) and their “perfect guest,” this brand speaks for itself and thus is easy to promote, trust and sell.
As a Business Development & Sales guru of a high-touch, bespoke hospitality offering, your primary focus will be sales outreach. Secondly, you will need to acquire the knowledge base to provide concierge-level overview information of the destinations and requisite touring options to best sell this totally custom product. The company has a working library of knowledge to assist you and will provide significant leads lists until you are well-versed enough to develop leads on your own.
Currently expanding into the wine regions of California and Texas, an initial focus of this one-of-a-kind position is to develop a knowledge base and expertise in relative destinations. You will be the company’s first point of contact for high-end clientele, vendors, and all marketing channels and partners.
This position reports to the ownership team and requires a proven track record in business development and customer relations. Included annually are 2 trips with a stay in a luxury villa to connect with local team members, customers, partners, and key vendors.
This is a fully remote position for someone living in the USA or Canada
- Business Development: Prospect leads and secures new leisure and business clientele through travel agents, corporate and wedding event planners, destination marketing companies, and other partners. This includes negotiating terms and contracts with new clientele and working towards ongoing, long-term relationships with all clients for one and future journeys.
- Sales of Villa Stays: Develop an intimate knowledge of villa partners and inventory to successfully convert leads and inquiries to bookings. Meet and exceed booking quotas for luxury villa stays, a major source of revenue. Manage a sales pipeline, monthly sales forecasts, and activity tracking within the CRM.
- VIP Guest Relations or Concierge Services: To best build relationships to secure repeat bookings, become a regional expert in company destinations with an ability to share broad-brush VIP concierge information to high-end clientele - from the first touchpoint with the brand to post-stay feedback. Sales should culminate not in one journey or event but in long-term, ongoing relationships with our clients. Note: Upon completion of the booking process, a highly trained concierge team and/or event planner will get into the fine details with clients, which is generally outside the scope of this position. This team is available to you for questions and insight.
- Revenue Management: A complete understanding of pricing and proposal procedures is required to establish the annual rate schedule for luxury villas, concierge services, and guest experiences. Update rates and policies as sales volume dictates.
- Brand Management: Stay updated on industry trends to effectively assist in fine-tuning marketing materials, email blasts, and social media, and improve the quality of the company’s online presence across all marketing channels.
- Risk Management: Identify and provide solutions for service problems with partners, vendors, and/or among operations staff. Update company agreements with clientele, partners, and third-party vendors as required.
- 4 years minimum in villa rental (or residences), business development (concerted sales outreach), and ideally reservations or customer service/concierge
- Proven successful sales record with reports of realized gains in luxury rentals
- Broad working knowledge of the luxury villa rental space
- 2 years plus experience negotiating terms and contracts with OMPs and OTA’s and various luxury service vendors
- Proven ability to generate sales opportunities and build trust with prospects over the phone and effectively realize maximum sales
- Ethical business practices, self-motivated and self-sufficient, with a noteworthy drive to excel in this position and rise within the organization. Potential for advancement is significant
- Excellence in both telephone and writing skills is essential
- Excellence in computer skills, including experience with G Suite and familiarity with a CRM
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment while positively representing the company
- The following list of items is not required but could be an advantage for this position:
- Existing network of leads and connections within our target markets
- Experience in California & Texas tourism
- Wine and culinary knowledge
- Experience in corporate, custom, or wedding event planning
- Experience working with A-list executives and celebrities
- Graphic design skills and Adobe suite skills
- Fluency in a second (or third) language
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
SALARY: Annual Salary of $70,000 to $175,000
BONUS: Bonus Pay with a commission on sales
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days.
- Telecommuting options.
- Two paid travel trips a year in our luxury villas.
- Health Insurance Reimbursement
- Fully remote position for someone living in the USA or Canada