Native Travel (nativetravel.com) is a leading, technology-enabled vacation rental management company based in Southern California. We manage over 40 properties from Palm Springs to San Diego, providing unique and memorable guest experiences. We are growing rapidly and are looking to add to our supportive and flexible team.
Native Travel strives to support a quality of life for all of our associates and to "do the right thing." Through the challenges of the previous year, we maintained all of our staff through mandatory closures because our associates (and supporting their lives outside of the workplace) matter to us. Our team works to continuously expand our business while remembering that we should always take the vacation, enjoy the afternoon off at the beach, take time for family, etc.
- You set your own hours, working remotely.
- You are in a position to have a wide range of latitude to tackle each task as you see fit.
- Your work is critical for the success of our company; you will make a real impact and be part of the short and long-term success of a young company that is rapidly growing.
- We value a working environment that is focused on providing resources to our employees, setting them up to succeed.
The Business Development Manager collaborates with the CEO, to identify, solicit and recruit non-participating owners at our properties to become potential owners to secure Rental Management Agreements. The incumbent will need to have experience and proficiency in sales and marketing, vendor/guest acquisitions, business development, market research, appointment setting, performing presentations, and ultimately closing deals.
- Identify business prospects and decision-makers in target markets
- Establish business dialogue with prospects
- Schedule business meetings with decision-makers
- Maintain sales pipeline prospect status and set follow-up appointments via CRM system.
- Manage program with prospects.
- Manage presentation materials.
- Perform strategic sales meetings and close deals.
- Maneuvering, understanding, and interpreting key historical, market, and home data to determine accurate projection data
- Serve as an information liaison, coordinating with internal team and owner to gather required data for new property set up
- Scope complex deals and create new opportunities for business development
- Building and maintaining relationships with owners, guests, vendors, real estate agents, and the community
- Previous experience in business development
- Excellent Communication Skills - Verbal and written
- General Business knowledge and intelligence
- Friendly personality
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational and scheduling skills
- Experience in the Vacation Rental Industry is highly preferred
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team as needed
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Organized and able to follow a schedule
- Ability to follow verbal directions
- 3 to 5 years experience preferably in sales/marketing in the vacation rental or hospitality sector.
- Must have a home office with high-speed internet (computer and equipment provided).
- Must be a fast pace worker and work well with others.
- Must be tech-savvy.
- Work well unsupervised.
Salary: Annual Salary of $60,000 - $70,000 based on experience
Commission structure based on management contracts signed (up to $200k+ per year in total compensation)
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employee recognition programs
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Telecommuting options
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules