California Design Den
The most 5-star reviews ( aka most customer-loved!) of any cotton bedding brand online
Feeling good about the work you do and the product you sell is paramount at California Design Den. If you’re a conscientious citizen who cares about people and the environment - working at California Design Den will feel like coming home.
At California Design Den, we are committed to providing our customers with natural, sustainable bedding that not only enhances their sleep experience but also supports their overall well-being and the health of our planet. A good night's sleep is essential for living your best life. We strive to design and manufacture products that meet the highest quality, comfort, and sustainability standards.
Since our launch in 2017, we have delighted millions of customers and featured in the Wall Street Journal, Good Housekeeping, The Oprah Magazine, and many more. But we aren’t stopping there. Our mission is to continue innovating and bringing natural comfort to more homes through new product lines, markets, and channels.
Giving back is also a priority for us. We are making a positive impact in the following ways:
- 14k+ bedding items donated to US charities in 2022
- Sustainable packaging with 1.5+ million plastic bags eliminated
- Only ethical cotton from small family farms in India
- Our family-owned factory proudly supports 400+ working families
We’re on the hunt for the right person to articulate our brand story across various platforms through diverse mediums, keeping our target audience engaged and intrigued as our Brand Marketing Manager. This will include gaining an in-depth understanding of our current brand positioning and further developing a unique brand identity that will connect with our customers creating irrational brand loyalty.
Embarking on a journey with California Design Den is more than just a career move; it's your chance to shape the narrative and promote products you can be proud of. This is a unique chance to employ your skills in a space where environmental consciousness meets commercial success, all the while enjoying the flexibility of remote work, comprehensive health benefits, and a competitive salary.
Are you up for the challenge?
To excel in this role, you’ll need to possess strong leadership and analytical skills combined with creativity.
If you have direct-to-consumer marketing experience or experience in a related field and are confident in your accomplishments with a relentless drive to learn, we’d love to explore how your expertise will contribute to our ongoing success story.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies aligned with our brand's vision and objectives. Take charge of crafting long-term marketing plans to drive sustainable growth and brand recognition.
- Drive online sales and customer engagement through expert utilization of digital marketing channels, including social media, SEO, content marketing, and email campaigns.
- Oversee marketing budget for the brand's website business and optimize resource allocation to maximize ROI. Employ data-driven insights to make informed decisions on marketing investments.
- Monitor and analyze marketing initiatives' performance, from short-term KPIs to long-term objectives. Provide data-backed recommendations for continuous improvement and achieving ambitious targets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as sales and advertising, to align marketing efforts with overall company objectives.
- Cultivate influencer partnerships to expand brand reach and build strong connections with our target audience.
- Conduct comprehensive market research to understand consumer preferences, industry trends, and competitive landscapes. Utilize customer feedback and data analytics to gain valuable insights into consumer behavior, preferences, and satisfaction levels, and translate them into effective marketing strategies.
- Manage all aspects of brand identity, ensuring consistent messaging and visual aesthetics across all marketing materials and platforms.
- Dive into the creative process of marketing content development, ensuring compelling and engaging materials across different channels. Collaborate with the team to maintain consistent brand messaging and visual identity.
- Drive content experiments across platforms to improve conversions
- 4-5 years of direct brand marketing experience in direct-to-consumer bedding or a related industry.
- Strategic visionary who can set short-term KPIs and long-term goals for brand growth.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial mindset; capable of executing marketing tasks independently.
- Resourceful problem solver with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Collaborative team player, comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
- Creative vision for marketing content and consistent brand management.
- Proven track record of driving marketing results and achieving brand growth.
- Digital marketing experience such as email marketing, content marketing & social media marketing is required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $75,000 to $93,000 based on experience and achievement
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Telecommuting options
Schedule: Available during business hours with the flexibility to work after hours as needed.
Note this is a Remote position but you must be located in or near San Ramon, CA