Become a part of Beach Properties of Hilton Head, where you will work alongside an outstanding team of professionals committed to your success.
Located on beautiful Hilton Head Island in South Carolina, Beach Properties offers an array of rental options for visitors and locals alike, from luxurious beachfront homes to stunning villas nestled among the trees. Since 1995, we’ve been a leader in the rental industry, deeply committed to ensuring all guests have access to the perfect vacation home.
With flexible schedules, competitive pay, and one of the most beautiful locations in the country, we're confident you'll enjoy working here. Our company culture is friendly and family-oriented, making it an ideal environment for those looking for a full-time career path.
If you’re excited about exploring a professional path with Beach Properties, we’d love for you to apply today.
This Assistant Property Manager opening is a fantastic opportunity for someone with excellent communication and organizational skills who wants to grow in the short-term rental field. As Assistant Property Manager, you will occupy a respected leadership role in our Owner/Guest Services Department.
To fill this position, we need a motivated individual who will thrive on spending their day interacting with guests, vendors, and homeowners. You should also be willing to pitch in wherever needed to ensure our homes are well-maintained and our guests have the best possible experience.
In turn, we offer a competitive hourly wage, fantastic benefits and the opportunity to grow with the company. If you excel in overseeing projects, are highly
team-oriented, and enjoy a day filled with a wide range of tasks, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Assist Property Managers in maintaining the highest level of quality with our property inventory
- Administrative tasks such as scheduling
- Project coordination
- New associate training
- Property reviews and comment card follow-up
- Maintain company standards
- Participate in extensive guest contact with professionalism
- Previous customer service and hospitality industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong guest service and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is preferable
- An active Property Manager’s license or the ability to obtain within 6 months of being hired
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $20 - $21 per hour, depending on experience
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
Schedule: Regular business hours with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary.