Foothills Property Management proudly represents vacation rental homes and condos in Sedona & the Verde Valley of Arizona. Our dedicated team of licensed professionals all live in the area and know the ins and outs of successfully managing vacation rentals, and we have done so for over 35 years! Our philosophy is that our primary obligation is to put the Client's interest above all others. They are the first line of communication and service when an owner needs anything for their property, or a guest has a customer service need at a property.
Foothills Property Management is seeking an energetic Assistant General Manager to join our team. FPM manages a diverse group of 100+ privately owned homes and condos. The FPM team values integrity, long-term relationships with our owner-partners, quality over quantity, good humor, and teamwork that provides work/life balance. We are experts in our field, and always looking to improve.
We are looking for a leader in both personality and experience to direct activities and help set and meet goals for the Foothills Property Management team. A key part of the role involves collaboration with the company owner to filter & translate the owner’s ideas into functional plans for the company. You’ll live locally, and enjoy being involved in your community.
A strong focus on sales and marketing to achieve or exceed established objectives for performance goals & growth strategies. You will cultivate and manage long-term relationships with strategic partners and vendors as part of those goals. We’ll look to you to identify areas of opportunities for capital improvement across the organization.
You’ll be joining a small, hands-on team, where you’ll manage the vision of the company as well as be involved in the day-to-day operations. We laugh, we have fun, and we work hard.
The position requires 40 hours per week, some Saturdays/Sundays seasonally and Holidays, as well as being on-call on a rotational schedule.
- Be the main contact for current owners when calling with issues or needs of the FPM team.
- Utilize KeyData Dashboard technology to understand key performance indicators that drive the business forward and track performance
- In conjunction with Marketing, provide ongoing communication with homeowners.
- In conjunction with the Marketing team, develop a comprehensive, ongoing recruitment campaign
- Work with Reservations, Housekeeping, and Maintenance Directors to problem solve and collaborate on potential new services.
- Serve as a resource to staff, guests, and owners by explaining and upholding contracts, company policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, etc., in a way that seeks to achieve our business objectives while ensuring our fiduciary obligations.
- Build a strong rapport with owners to discuss ways to meet their varying needs from increasing rentals, making improvements to their home, adjusting their overall marketing plan, reducing wear and tear, and reviewing/analyzing their financial performance.
- Build strong relationships with local real estate agents that could lead to referrals for new homes on our rental program.
- Create brand awareness in the community.
- Work directly with potential new owners in getting them to sign with FPM for property management
- Organize office operations and procedures thru administrative tasks
- Coordinate with IT vendors on all office equipment
- Work with all departments to identify areas for improvement to the overall operation of the company
- Identify and investigate new technologies to improve revenue or streamline processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven results as a General Manager, Chief Operating Officer, or a similarly relevant leadership role
- Arizona Real Estate License, or willing to obtain one
- Strong background and experience in the vacation rental or hotel industry.
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly from a strategic-level vision to day-to-day tactical operations.
- Experience leading high performing teams, including the ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- A demonstrated get-it-done mindset and a record of success helping people succeed
- Understanding of and ability to create a healthy organizational culture
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Varied experiences and responsibilities in Operations, Finance, and Human Resource
- $80,000 - $95,000 Annual Salary
- Commission structure based on % of annual growth with the potential to earn up to $20k in additional income annually
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days