Best Western is part of a leading global hospitality enterprise, and for good reason. We always deliver by offering charming accommodations, convenient locations, and the friendliest staff in the business.
At the heart of our brand is a caring spirit shared by our hoteliers and our teams across the globe. We’re united by a deep commitment to delivering exceptional experiences and exceeding guest expectations with every stay. We’re also incredibly proud to have been recognized as a top employer, named one of “America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2022”.
And nowhere is that more true than at the Best Western - Apalachicola, where guests are greeted with our warm southern hospitality, provided with clean, inviting rooms, and located conveniently close to incredible destinations like St. George Island Beach.
If you’re looking for a position with a world-renowned company where you’ll feel like one of the family and have the opportunity to grow in your career, we’d love to hear from you.
As our Assistant General Manager, your responsibilities will vary throughout the day, from overseeing the Front Desk and Housekeeping departments to ensuring our guests are greeted with fantastic and friendly service in immaculate surroundings. You'll also assist General Manager with a myriad of administrative duties to ensure every day runs like clockwork.
We're looking for someone who is excellent at building professional relationships and is confident and comfortable when dealing with a diverse group of people. It will also be important for you to have knowledge of the local area to help our guests make the most of their stay.
We invite you to apply today and seize this opportunity to grow and benefit from our compensation and benefits package and our history of excellence at Best Western - Apalachicola.
- Involved in and assist with overseeing all front desk procedures and processes daily.
- Responsible for the training of all new front desk associates.
- Anticipate and accommodate staffing needs based on the needs of the guests and the payroll budget assigned to the department.
- Able to teach the art of proactively up-selling rooms and promoting hotel services/amenities.
- Schedule and coordinate special services, such as restaurant reservations or events planning for group visits.
- Refer guests to local attractions and places to visit, offering knowledge of the historic hotel property and surrounding areas in and around the Apalachicola area.
- Possess a strong understanding of the procedures of the front desk
- 1-2 years of manager experience preferred.
- Work experience as a hotel receptionist in the hospitality industry or customer service is preferred preferred
- A friendly and trustworthy demeanor is a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Task-driven and highly organized, with strong problem-solving skills
- Proven multi-tasker with the flexibility to shift between tasks and manage multiple priorities
- Trustworthy with a willingness to maintain confidentiality
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $40,000 - $45,000 based on experience and achievement
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules