Brittain Resorts and Hotels specializes in legendary guest satisfaction, property management, and marketing. The foundation for our success was laid long before the company was formed, with roots beginning in 1943 at the historic Chesterfield Inn in the heart of Myrtle Beach, S.C.
From the beginning, the Brittain family worked as a team, doing everything from making beds to washing dishes on a busy weekend, creating an environment where integrity and trust are paramount even today. With decades of experience in the hospitality industry, we have fostered a set of core values that guide associate development on a personal and professional level. With over 4,000 rooms in the portfolio, BRH currently operates 22 hotels and resorts and 45+ restaurants & bars within the United States.
WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE… We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of talented individuals focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make a difference to each of our guests.
As our Assistant Chief Engineer, you will work closely with the General Manager and Chief Engineer directing the teams of maintenance technicians, groundskeepers, and sub-contractors responsible for the upkeep of our hotel and resort rooms, general areas, and beautifully landscaped grounds.
This leadership role requires proven experience successfully managing teams, positive and motivating leadership characteristics, excellent communication skills, and the ability to delegate confidently and follow through. Your daily activities will involve interactions with peer managers, homeowners, third-party vendors, and a high turnover of guests, so a professional approach to work is essential.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the responsibilities of the Assistant Chief Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the maintenance technicians, sub-contractors, third-party vendors, and groundskeepers.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with the hiring, training, and counseling of all maintenance department team members.
- Implement and manage programs and initiatives for the operation and maintenance of all guest rooms, associate areas, equipment, physical structures, and landscaping, including the planning and execution of major capital improvement projects and renovations.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of OSHA and safety standards and ensure all safety and emergency procedures are communicated and implemented.
- Report any unsafe work conditions to the Chief Engineer or General Manager and resolve them promptly.
- Work with homeowner services and guest services to promptly and professionally resolve any complaints or issues.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Chief Engineer or General Manager.
- Experience with property maintenance - hotel or resort preferred. Apartments and
- condominiums are also acceptable.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Working knowledge of room management systems.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication, and attention to detail.
- HVAC and CPO licenses are a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: Up to $55,000, depending on experience and property.
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement