Carolina Resort Company is a private, family-owned real estate investment and management firm that focuses on limited-edition hospitality and vacation rental properties. Our firm owns and operates multiple boutique inns, motels, and vacation rentals along the coast of North Carolina, creating long-term value through targeted investments and improvements. The overall heart of what we work towards each day is constantly improving our guest’s experience to build the next generation of loyal patrons that return year after year.
As the Area General Manager, you’ll be required to have strong leadership and business management skills. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the staff for both Loggerhead Inn & Suites on Topsail Island, NC, and The Beach House Motel and Suites on Oak Island, NC. We have a combined total of 51 rooms and suites and growing!
Your areas of expertise and engagement will be in handling HR, marketing, budgeting, cultivating a productive workplace, seeking opportunities for new growth, and ensuring that each property exceeds our 5-star standards for outstanding guest experiences.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have your finger on the pulse of both property’s day-to-day operational tasks while simultaneously planning and executing plans for improvement. You will report directly to our owner and CEO and have the privilege of curating one-of-a-kind vacations for guests who come to stay from all over the world.
- Oversee the HR department, including hiring new employees and making decisions throughout each staff’s employee journey
- Work collaboratively alongside housekeeping, maintenance, and reservation teams.
- Oversee quality assurance inspections to ensure our properties meet our cleanliness and service standards.
- Develop yearly financial budgets and seek ways to minimize expenses and boost revenue efficiently.
- Seek out, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with third-party vendors
- Oversee and seek out marketing opportunities.
- Analyze and make data-driven business decisions
- Assist with bookings and customer service issues as needed.
- Report directly to our owner and CEO
- 3+ years of leadership experience in the Hospitality or Vacation Rental industry required.
- Previous leadership experience in hotels, vacation rentals, or related roles is strongly preferred.
- Basic understanding of housekeeping and maintenance duties.
- Comfortable being looked at to problem-solve under pressure.
- Experience creating budgets, and tracking and maintaining expenses.
- Must be able to travel between properties for quality assurance checks and meeting with teams.
- Proficient in the use of computers and excellent written and verbal skills.
- Coaching, mentoring, or training skills.
- Familiar with the use of cloud-based apps.
- Proven record of effectively leading a team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $65,000 - $72,000 with bonuses.
Bonus Details: Performance bonuses commensurate with hitting defined goals and objectives.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Relocation assistance
- Commuting/travel assistance