Vintory is excited to announce that we are hiring an Acquisitions Associate to help us grow the M&A consulting business. Vintory has contracts with many professional vacation rental management companies to represent them in selling their business or identify investment opportunities to acquire businesses.
We pride ourselves on providing a completely customized experience for property managers and do the same for our team members! We are an inclusive, fun, 100% transparent, and values-driven company with an incredible culture to match. We’re looking for another Rockstar to join the team who is eager to grow with us.
- Flexibility - People want flexibility in where/how they work. We don’t believe in “punching the clock”. We trust our team members and empower them to shape their work themselves so they can achieve the best possible results. Therefore, we favor outcomes over hours worked.
- Autonomy - People want the ability to make decisions - even the wrong ones sometimes and that’s the best way to learn.
- Awesome Teammates - People want colleagues that they respect, admire and enjoy. We spend a ton of time, money, and effort on hiring the right people that are a culture fit. We have a no-jerk policy. We do a great job of keeping them out but every once in a while, once slips through and we correct it.
- Transparency - People want transparency into the company’s culture, insights into the decisions being made, and what’s going on inside their leader’s heads. We are very transparent...internally. From weekly “All Hands” meetings to public sharing of everyone’s rocks (90-day goals) and all meeting notes. From the CEO down to you can stay in the know with what's going on in all areas of our business.
- Diversity - We feel that diverse backgrounds and experiences only strengthen our company and mission.
- Excellent pay and commissions
- Your work makes a difference here, and we make a huge impact on our clients
- Best in Class Benefits (Matching 401k, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Long Term/Short Term Disability)
- Profit-Sharing - Everyone is aligned, and we share the profits with the team
- Phantom Stock Program -
- Unlimited Vacation and PTO (Yes you read that right!)
- Travel Perks - 2 free weeks lodging per year anywhere in the world with our luxury accommodations partner (do we have your attention yet?)
- Daylighting/Pet projects (10% of your time work on any pet projects, philanthropy, or continuing education)
- 100% Remote Workforce - work anywhere you want… a yurt in Yosemite, a tiny house in Nashville… as long as you have a stable internet connection you’re set! (*US-based only)
- Gym Membership Reimbursement Program (Spinning classes, Pilates, yoga, rock climbing, or just a plain-old normal gym)
The Acquisitions Associate is responsible for developing top-of-funnel opportunities and qualifying leads from inquiry to closing. This is done by intently listening to clients' needs and aligning solutions with their unique business strategies. Knowledge of the vacation rental industry is required. Mergers and Acquisition process experience is advantageous but not required. In this important customer-facing position, you will get the opportunity to learn the acquisition process and collaborate to build investment thesis, value vacation rental businesses, build offer memorandums, negotiate and draft agreements, and be exposed to a variety of vacation rental markets and businesses.
The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential.
While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency, and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position.
Successful candidates will be strong communicators who are comfortable contacting leads over the phone and in person, can learn and adapt quickly, are grounded in ethical business practices, and find reward in building a strong organization. Consistently meeting departmental goals while maintaining high customer satisfaction is a must. You will need to demonstrate a track record of excellence as a team player who is also self-motivated, reliable, and coachable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research M&A opportunities
- Build outreach campaigns using the company’s CRM
- Qualify inbound leads
- Send nondisclosure agreements and valuation material requests to prospective clients ● Provide clients with an overview of the M&A process telesales and virtual meetings
- Handle a large volume of networking and lead generation while following through on established leads
- Develop investment offer documentation
- Maintain knowledge, skills, and market awareness in industry trends and standards; seek out areas for professional development
- Evaluate companies for acquisition
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years of sales experience and vacation rental experience are strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency in Excel / Google Sheets
- Ability to generate leads and build trust with prospects over the phone, work with other team members, and close sales
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Must be able to develop confidence with prospects over the phone and in-person
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, while having the confidence to seek guidance and direction as needed
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Solid computer skills including experience with CRM software
- Ability and desire to work for a growing, fast-paced start-up company with an evolving structure and frequently changing computer systems and policies
- Interest in M&A
- Ability to set and exceed aggressive individual and organizational goals
This position is a remote position and can be conducted out of the team member’s home as long as they have a quiet, dedicated place to conduct business and a fast and stable internet connection. Also, must be based in the United States.
SKILL & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Building Client Relationships - The role uses data and Vintory industry expertise to engage with current and prospective clients
- Persuasive / Professional Communication - communication via phone, email, and when presenting is professional, informative, concise, and takes into consideration all audience members. The M&A A is able to read the room and is generally persuasive
- Ability to Influence and Impact Client's Business - credibility and technical knowledge allows the M&A A to make recommendations that result in positive business outcomes and accomplish the growth strategy of Vintory’s clients
- Strategic and Analytical Thinking - general understanding of strategies that drive business development. Ability to analyze, interpret, spot trends, and suggest an action in a simplified manner
- Technical and Professional Knowledge and Expertise - general understanding of Vintory’s technology and best practices as well as the ability to integrate these pieces within unique client accounts. Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Fostering Innovation - the M&A A approaches assigned accounts with an innovative mindset, while always placing client success at the forefront