Acme House Company is a vacation rental and property management firm that emphasizes "we" over "me." For that reason, we've worked hard to create an environment where our staff feels valued and enjoys being a member of our team with over-the-top compensation packages, portion-paid benefits, and a holiday bonus.
Why do we operate this way?
Because we love what we do, and we love the people we do it with. It’s that dedication and team spirit that has resulted in our becoming an award-winning company offering guests a curated portfolio of distinctive homes in Palm Springs and the surrounding area.
Join one of the world's best vacation rental companies, rated #4 by Conde Nast Traveler, as the Director of Engineering at ACME House Company! Candidates should possess at least five years' experience in high-quality repairs and maintenance. In this role, you will ensure that all repair and installation work is carried out efficiently, safely, and to our company standards.
As the Director of Engineering, you will also be responsible for training new employees and overseeing the work of contractors. To be successful, you must be able to organize, prioritize and delegate work orders to employees and vendors. Additionally, we need someone with the ability to find the problem, find a solution, and fix it, as well as have the honesty to be able to let the team know when you’re unable to do so.
Our company culture is one of open communication, and we always bring the "A" Team to our projects. We are proud of our reputation for high-quality repairs and maintenance, and as our Director of Engineering you will be vital to that success.
- Oversee, mentor, and develop our growing team of maintenance technicians.
- Schedule and perform quality repairs and maintenance duties at our properties, such as drywall, basic carpentry, plumbing, flooring, etc.
- Develop and maintain the maintenance and repair budget.
- Drive between sites to perform inspections and repairs.
- Perform general installations.
- Perform basic diagnostics on home appliances.
- Troubleshoot issues with home-based technology systems.
- Dispatch technicians to emergency calls or any issues in ACME properties and rectify each situation in a timely and efficient manner.
- Estimate the time and extent of repairs.
- Schedule routine preventive maintenance.
- 5+ years of managerial experience and hospitality maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of basic home repair and carpentry.
- Knowledge of how to work home tech systems such as TV, Internet Modem, Apple TV, Fire-Stick, etc.).
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled at managing projects on time and within budget.
- Proficient in the use of smartphone apps for tasks like tracking receipts and placing work orders.
- Must have a driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass an upon-hiring drug screening with an ongoing ability to maintain our drug-free workplace standards.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $75,000 - $95,000 based upon achievement and experience
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee recognition programs
- Company phone/computer
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
Schedule: Regular business hours Monday thru Friday with the flexibility to work after-hours and weekends as needed.