ABOUT THE COMPANY
Roelens Vacation Rentals is a fast-growing vacation rental company and therefore is looking for an experienced Accounting Specialist & Office Coordinator. Innovative, embracing change, accepting criticism, doing the right thing even when no one is looking, and celebrating success are some of the principles we believe in.
The right fit candidate MUST possess the following experience and skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience working as an accounting assistant and is service minded.
- Exceptionally organized and must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must understand the importance of follow-through and clear communication to both guests, owners, and co-workers.
- Must be proficient in excel and word, must have excellent fluent English skills both written and spoken, with the ability to compose proper business communications.
- Must be teachable on new software systems.
- Must have a driver's license and a reliable vehicle and will work a schedule with the rest of the team to cover weekends and Holidays.
- Must be proficient using mobile technology.
Please do not apply if you cannot offer the above 7 requirements for the position. If you feel you are a great fit, please do apply with a brief cover letter and resume.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the Accounting Manager with owner statements, reconciliations, chargeback documentation, month-end, and year-end duties.
- Provide accounting support for day-to-day adjustments that arise.
- Upload new owners into our CRM software.
- Oversee the in-home inventory of items ordered in bulk and held at our office location.
- Oversee the office supply counts and orders.
- Assisting the management team with clerical duties such as filing, scanning, and organizing.
- Answering Phones
- General clerical duties in office to include phone coverage, filing, security deposit claims, and general office cleanliness.
- Assisting sales and marketing team with pulling reports, website analytics, and campaign-related duties.
- Special projects as business needs dictate.
- Assisting the Maintenance department with clerical needs. Offering back up coverage for days off and vacations.
- Work in coordination with other reservationists to cover all the front desk needs.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Min. High School diploma.
- 3+ years of accounting experience with hospitality back-office experience preferred.
- The schedule involves 1 weekend day and may include some holidays.
- Regular, reliable attendance is required.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Reliable and diligent handling of projects from start to finish.
- Software programs: Microsoft Office, mobile device knowledge with apps and texting, social media platforms and specialized industry software.
- Ability to maintain a high working pace, multi-task, prioritize and flexible as per business needs.
- Creativity and seeker of improvements. Accountability is a must.
- Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal records check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000- $45,000 per year depending on the experience of the candidate
We consciously support safe practices to our employees, vendors, guests, and owners. Masks are available, social distancing encouraged and CDC cleaning guidelines are followed.