Founded in 2015, The Simple Life Hospitality is one of Wisconsin’s leading vacation property management companies. We have a culture that is centered on amazing service, continuous improvement, integrity, respect, outside-the-box thinking, adaptability, and fun.
We offer our property owners a first-class experience from consulting on purchasing their property, online and offline marketing, revenue management, managing bookings, housekeeping, and maintenance. We build consultative relationships with our property owners, and vacationing families are our top priority.
We are seeking a newly formed role in our organization. An accounting manager is who we will rely on to ensure we accurately pay our owners, vendors, government entities, and employees. We will also look to you to keep our books straight, forecast revenues, and determine profitability by service. We’re looking for a forward thinker who loves numbers and finds joy in tracking, balancing, projecting, and all the financial tasks in-between. We will rely on you to make sure everything is remitted, paid, and organized.
- Process payroll and salaries and remit taxes in accordance with the law.
- Prepare financial reports and summaries.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Verify all transactions and report any irregularities to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Summarize our financial standing by preparing a profit/loss balance sheet and analyzing cash flow.
- Ensure accurate reporting by running monthly and quarterly internal audits.
- Review guest payments and property owners' balances on a daily basis.
- Create a budget according to schedule and submit it for review to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Interpret financial information & reports for managers and executives.
- Assist in the filing of all required business returns.
- Avoid legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Track employees' sales and targets and issue commissions and bonuses accordingly.
- Create forecasts and determine the profitability of current and potential services.
- Assist in pricing and overseeing revenue management strategy and execution.
- Determine sales and room taxes and remit accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years working in finance, preferably in vacation rental management.
- Previous experience in vacation rental revenue management is strongly preferred.
- Computer literate and proficient in Office, especially Excel.
- Familiar with Intuit Quickbooks and property management software.
- Friendly, fun, easy to work with, and patient with team members and clients who are not as proficient with numbers to ensure understanding with team members and clients.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for numbers.
- Pass a background check as well as possess strong references.
- Accounting skills obtained in business college with either a diploma or a degree.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $60,000 to start
- Flexible schedule and generous vacation policy
- Work from home or anywhere you want to be