Welcome to Marbella Lane. We’re an inclusive and welcoming company headquartered in Irvine, California, and we’re in the business of providing beautiful places and spaces that serve as a haven for families and friends. We are proud to have obtained Airbnb Super Host status and are continually adding new properties to our portfolio.
Here at Marbella Lane, we are a growth-oriented company, and we recognize that unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences spark innovation, helping us to think bigger, and succeed as a team.
Our three central core values are:
- strong work ethic
- striving for excellence
If our inclusive culture and values align with yours, we’d love for you to keep reading.
Currently, we’re seeking a full-time Accounting Controller. In this role, you’ll be expected to understand our overall company and property-specific processes. It will be critical for you to work well under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple demands while meeting deadlines.
Your day-to-day will consist of managing and tracking all invoices, ensuring there is 100% accuracy in our financial records, filing all necessary tax forms and payments on time, creating financial reports to share with the leadership team, and offering suggestions on how to be more profitable as well as more efficient. You will also be responsible for budget preparation and ensuring our accounting department is always in compliance with regulations and the company’s internal control policies and procedures.
Overall you will be the one we rely on to ensure that our accounting department is running smoothly and that each month is closed out accurately and on time.
This is a 1099 Contract Position.
- Manage, and track all vendor & company invoices
- Manage deposits and reconciliations
- Create, manage, and ensure accurate financial records/statements/reports and related materials are kept up-to-date and stored securely for future reference.
- Create and file all necessary tax and financial forms for the company, including in some cases, TOT
- Manage proper company tax filing schedule, ensuring filing timeline is met.
- Ensure and manage any audits are completed & promptly.
- Assist with payroll, payouts, and general monthly expenses in the HR system.
- Advise on best practices and optimize accounting processes for the company
- Work with other team members to develop a process/approach for creating accurate financial records
- Assist with the annual operating budget.
- Implement feedback and changes whenever necessary or possible.
- Assist leadership team with projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an accounting-related credential
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or financial modeling
- Property accounting experience an asset
- Knowledge of relevant tax laws & regulations
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office tools
- Able to work collaboratively as a team, as well as independently
- Work with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, in English and Mandarin (an asset)
- Great attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $54,000 - $72,000 based on experience and achievement
Bonus Details: Bonus based on individual and company performance