Blue Maple is a vacation rental investment firm and modern property management company located in West Virginia and Virginia. As we move towards our 10-year goal of welcoming 2 million guests across 1,000 properties, we’re adding three to five new "drive-to" cabins and cottages to our portfolio of 50 vacation rental getaways each month.
Unlike other investment and property management firms, our business model involves raising investment funds to acquire and operate all of our properties, providing a reliable and stable experience for investors and guests, leading to satisfied clients and employees.
In addition to offering the opportunity to work on exciting real estate projects in the vacation rental space, we are committed to providing our employees with a supportive work culture needed to succeed in their roles and achieve career goals.
As an Accounting Controller at Blue Maple, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where you can make a real impact on the financial performance and stability of the company. Your expertise and leadership skills will be critical to the success of our unique business model.
If you join us, you'll be in charge of all of our accounting, including tracking and paying all operating expenses and debt service, as well as managing and reporting on revenues generated from each property. With your dedicated help, we believe we can continue to expand quickly while driving excellent ROI!
To succeed in this role, you must be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and have a firm understanding of accounting operations.
If you are an accounting professional with a love for vacation rentals and an entrepreneurial spirit, we'd love to talk to you.
- Manage accounting operations, including daily transaction reconciliation and accounts payable and receivables
- Prepare and submit all applicable reports
- Manage payment of monthly and quarterly local sales tax and annual business taxes
- Work with our external accounting team to draft our EOY fund and property management tax documentation
- Streamline processes to help reduce back-office financial operations
- Manage the property refinancing process
- Manage Rippling - our payroll/HR system, for all employment-related requirements like payroll, healthcare, leave, and taxes
- 4+ years of accounting experience (including using Quickbooks Online)
- Experience with vacation rental trust accounting is a plus
- Ability to process complex data and make thoughtful decisions
- Exceptional project management / organizational skills
- Ability to work in a small team and carry out initiatives with little supervision
- You love working with people -- and they love you!
ANNUAL SALARY: $70,000 - $80,000
BONUS PLAN: EOY bonus based on company & individual performance
BENEFITS: Unlimited vacation / paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee recognition programs
- 401k retirement plan
- Company retreats 2-3x per year