“Oak Island’s Largest Property Management Company”
Our company has been in the vacation rental industry since 1991, founded not long after we first visited the Oak Island region. Having a deep love for the area, we strive to provide the best experiences possible by constantly improving and evolving our services. Our goal is to provide exceptional vacation accommodations where people can relax while supporting local businesses.
With a family-like atmosphere, our team is dedicated to delivering a complete set of property management solutions. Among the many services we offer are reservations, housekeeping, maintenance, and marketing. This full-service model has resulted in us receiving the People’s Choice Award for “Best Beach Rentals” eight times, as well as recognition from the local Chamber of Commerce. Whether a guest or property owner, we treat each customer with respect, attention, and care.
We also offer many advantages to our employees - we wholeheartedly believe everyone deserves recognition for their skills and abilities. And, what better place to work than in beautiful Oak Island? Being able to work for a company that supports you while living in a stunning natural setting is a great combination.
A highly skilled and experienced Accounting Supervisor is needed to join our leading vacation property management company. The successful candidate will oversee all of the company's accounting processes and procedures, provide financial guidance, and ensure accuracy in all accounting-related activities, including operational and escrow accounts. As the ideal candidate for this position, you must possess strong accounting and financial knowledge, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
Furthermore, as the Accounting Supervisor, you must have excellent communication skills so that you can effectively communicate with other departments within the organization. Finally, an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is essential for this position, as well as an ability to maintain escrow accounts and owner ledgers in compliance with NCREC Law to ensure we are in complete compliance and all records, are up to date at all times.
Do you have these skills and experience? We’d love to hear from you.
- Oversee and perform all tasks that pertain to our accounting, including the monthly booking of escrow account disbursements and processing of the cash escrow deposits via the local deposit account and journal entries.
- Weekly payment of vendor invoices, including multi-transaction invoices
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Manage local credit card usage and monthly statement entry & reconciliation.
- Keeping our accounting software up to date with payroll, insurance, and all other entries
- Assist with monthly & quarterly variance reporting.
- Prepare monthly disbursements from escrow software for company earnings
- Assist General Manager with accounting duties
- Maintain escrow accounts and owner ledgers in compliance with NCREC Law & general best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of accounting or bookkeeping experience with knowledge of real estate or hospitality preferred.
- Understanding of basic trust accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of accounting software packages.
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Interface with various stakeholders in accounting on a corporate and local level
- Employment is contingent upon a background check
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long term disability insurance
- Short term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules