Business Development Manager at Luxury Vacation Home Management Company- Relocation Assistance Provided!
WANDERLUST LUXURY RENTALS:
Business Development Manager
An integral position in a company bringing quality and excellence to the short-term rental market
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Quality is at the heart of everything we do. After experiencing issues with renting short-term properties and hearing from others with similar unfortunate stories, we became acutely aware of how frustrating it can be to spend a lot of money on a high-end vacation rental and receive subpar service.
We knew we could do better.
What started out as frustration became our inspiration, and in 2019, we founded Wanderlust Luxury Rentals with this mission:
- Provide guests with exceptional hospitality & service at a price that is often half of what a five-star luxury hotel costs.
- Make renting a short-term rental property as easy as possible for our homeowners and take away the stress of having to do it all on their own.
Our dedication to quality as a core value has created tremendous momentum. In only two years, we have grown from just 1 property in Santa Barbara to over 50, with continued growth month after month.
As a young company experiencing tremendous success, we are seeking an individual who embodies our values, is hardworking, dedicated to exceptional owner experience, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing the company's growth and owner relations operations. This person will cultivate and maintain relationships with our current and new homeowners. Your success in this role will be directly linked to strong communication skills, and the ability to develop lasting client relations and manage your time wisely.
All duties and responsibilities of this position must be performed with exceptional care and genuine guest service while upholding our standards and culture.
Owner Relations and Onboarding:
- Oversee all new home onboarding from start to finish.
- Negotiate agreements when necessary.
- Oversee staging and home photoshoots.
- Create new listings and post them on marketing sites.
- Deliver timely owner statements each month.
- Be the point of contact for our homeowners and cultivate lasting relationships.
- Actively work with homeowners to identify opportunities to grow their revenue through property updates.
- Work with the design department to assist owners in furnishing properties and get them guest-ready, as needed.
- Meet with prospective Wanderlust clients and tour properties.
- Develop relationships with local real estate agents to introduce Wanderlust and source potential new home opportunities.
- Build and utilize networks, and use a variety of sourcing, to identify prospective homeowners and bring them into Wanderlust.
- Create proforma analysis for potential homes to deliver to listing agents.
- Ensure successful closing of active opportunities with day-to-day monitoring and tracking of the lead pipeline.
- Oversee guest experience, housekeeping, and maintenance operations.
- Available to assist with guest experience and reservations team when necessary.
- Assist in the development and implementation of company SOPs to ensure operational efficiency.
- Hire, train, and mentor new employees.
- Source and develop relationships with outside vendors.
- College Degree - preferably from a 4-year university
- Previous experience as a Sales Development Manager, Director of Operations, Account Manager, or a similar relevant role (preferably in the vacation rental or hotel industry)
- Varied experiences and responsibilities in Sales, Marketing, Operations, or Finance are strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience with revenue management tools within the vacation rental industry.
- Tech-savvy with the ability to quickly learn multiple business software applications.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Drivers’ license, and smartphone
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $80,000 - $95,000 OTE with Annual Bonus
- Medical reimbursement program
- Relocation assistance
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, you’ll need to be flexible with your hours.
APPLY NOW if joining a hard-working, growing team that operates with a high level of excellence excites you. We can’t wait to hear from you.