Clancy & Theys Construction Company is a large southeast regional family-owned company with over 30 years of operating in Central Florida.
The company was founded in Raleigh, North Carolina in 1949. Our headquarters remains in Raleigh, NC, but we expanded to four additional locations – Wilmington and Charlotte, NC, Newport News, VA, and Orlando, FL – between 1984 and 1995.
Philanthropy and diversity are integral parts of our culture. Employees are encouraged to volunteer and give a great deal of time and energy to numerous local and statewide boards, commissions, and humane causes. Recognized as one of the top philanthropic companies in our home market, we make every stride to be a good corporate citizen of our various communities. Each of our divisions is tasked with opening its doors to new relationships that help small and emerging businesses become strong leaders in the industry. In our communities, our executives have helped lead statewide programs and initiatives to promote minority-owned businesses.
Reports to the corporate accounting department and Florida divisional manager
Hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm
Monitoring Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Responsible for receiving and verifying billing and requisitions for goods and services.
- Ensure that accounts receivable and payable are taken care of in a timely manner.
- Communicate with clients and vendors to achieve these tasks.
- Analyzing transactions to ensure that they comply with financial policies and procedures that are in place
Keeping Organized Records
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining client and vendor files, such as W-9s and 1099s.
- Invoicing, coding, and processing invoice data
- Tracking invoices and detecting mistakes
Supporting the Finance Team
- Support to the Corporate finance team as policy and procedures as needed.
Prefer experience in the construction industry but not a must
Accounts Administrator Skills
Both conscientious, well-organized, eye for detail, and a dedication to accuracy
- Proficiency in accounting software programs
- Consistent attention to detail
- Payroll administration duties
- Expense check administration duties
- Monthly closing experience
- Management skills
- Additional training in auditing
- Public speaking skills
- Up-to-date tax knowledge
- Business expertise
Tools of the Trade:
- Accounting software – Vista by Viewpoint
- Computer and Printer – Microsoft Office
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $35,000 - $45,000
Bonus Details: Discretional annual bonus at the end of the year
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Short term disability insurance
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules