Abode is helping to pioneer the transformation of hospitality. We combine exceptional spaces with the convenience and next-level service in upscale hotels. Abodes are design-forward, tech-optimized, and curated to give travelers a truly home-like experience. By giving travelers convenient access to authentic living experiences in the most desirable neighborhoods, Abode has created a hospitality experience that resonates with guests by merging the best attributes of furnished apartments and hotels. Abode operates in 10 cities and five states and operates two apartment hotels with a total of 24 units within two blocks of each other in downtown Los Angeles.
The Houseman / Handyman position will work closely with the onsite housekeeping team and the remote destination services team in the cleaning and maintenance of Abode’s apartment hotels to ensure the guests enjoy an exemplary residential experience.
Primary duties will include cleaning building exterior and interior common areas, light maintenance, and assisting the housekeeping team with cleaning and inspecting guest units to ensure they are ready for guest check-in.
- Clean common areas of the apartment hotels, including the front entrance, lobby, public & staff restrooms, elevators, hallways, stairwells, sidewalks, windows, trash rooms, storage rooms, rear alleys, and loading bays.
- Complete light maintenance tasks to include but not limited to:
- Replace light bulbs & clean light fixtures.
- Unclog drains/toilets.
- Replace shower & faucet cartridges and resolve minor leaks.
- Replace batteries in electronic door locks, TV remotes, and smoke detectors.
- Tighten furniture bolts and screws.
- Maintain sliding glass door wheels, tracks, and handles for smooth operation.
- Touch-up patching and painting.
- Preventative maintenance tasks.
- Change HVAC filters.
- Coordinate repair technician visits, diagnosis, and repair activities.
- Assist in cleaning guest units as needed.
- Perform quality control inspections and ensure the standards of guest units.
- Clean trash chutes/dumpster areas.
- Assist in laundry operations.
- Conduct inventory on linens.
- Complete inventory counts and assists in placing orders for operating supplies.
- 2+ years experience in hospitality or residential janitorial and light maintenance.
- Minimum intermediate-level spoken and written English.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Reliable smartphone capable of operating team messaging and communication applications.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $16.00 - $20.00