Director of Customer Success (SaaS) Job Description
The Director of Customer Success will lead the Vintory Customer Success team by creating a customer centric culture that generates successful outcomes through strategic customer engagement.
This role is responsible for bringing together Vintory’s strategic vision with innovative approaches to lead Vintory’s Customer Success team members. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Customer Success plays a key role in driving customer goals, product utilization, business transformation, and revenue expansion by ensuring the engagement, success, retention, and growth of Vintory’s customers.
This role requires an action mindset and is excited by the idea of scaling quickly globally. The Director of Customer Success thrives in a bold, fast-moving, transparent, values-driven leadership team and company and is focused on enabling both customer and company success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervising and growing high performance customer success teams and providing on the job training and mentoring.
- Creating scalable customer success operational processes and services that optimize the customer experience and ensure that all clients receive immediate and ongoing value from their engagement with Vintory.
- Gathering feedback from Vintory customers and analyzing customer data to identify best practices for customer success and implementing them team wide.
- Working cross-functionally with other internal teams such as Product, Marketing, and Sales to ensure Vintory meets customers’ business objectives and expectations with Vintory’s products/solutions.
- Developing the team expertise needed to provide technical support and training programs to support adoption and usage of Vintory’s platform.
- Engaging with customers to plan and understand the best ways to utilize Vintory’s platform, software and services based on the customer’s business needs/issues.
- Supporting Sales in the renewal/upsell of SaaS business.
- Build warm and engaging relationships with executive-level customer contacts.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain customer health indicators to trigger CSM activities, inform stakeholders, and increase engagement.
- Develop and manage contacts at all organizational levels to establish and achieve a Trusted Advisor relationship.
- Consult (via phone and in person) with customers on an ongoing basis to identify business development/inventory acquisition growth challenges and prepare or update strategic recommendations to optimize Vintory solutions with a focus on achievement of customers’ monthly, quarterly, and annual goals.
- Conduct thorough and insightful data analysis with customers to facilitate positive change within the customer's organization.
- Coordinate with Implementation/Onboarding Department to ensure successful product setup, integration and account maintenance.
- Maintain knowledge, skills and market awareness in industry trends and standards; seek out areas for professional development.
- Manage and lead a Customer Success team that:
- Injects the voice of the customer into all internal decisions.
- Increases customer engagement to deliver positive, KPI-driven outcomes while sustaining and expanding product usage.
- Works collaboratively across teams to ensure customer success (Support, Dev Ops, Engineering).
- Grows relationships with multiple contacts across the account.
- Works collaboratively with Sales and Marketing to optimize Prospect engagement and conversion.
- Participates in internal planning to map use case and revenue expansion opportunities.
- Creates, uses, and improves standardized tools and processes.
- Experience building and managing Customer Success and or Professional Services teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strong customer advocate with the ability and willingness to engage directly with customers.
- Ability to communicate well with individuals, teams, customers and at industry level events.
- A strong strategic vision for the customer experience, professional services, and customer support.
- Empathy, humility and listening skills.
- A track record of developing and mentoring great talent, and building and motivating high achieving teams
- SaaS Customer Success leadership experience required
- Short Term Vacation Rental Experience preferred, but not required
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn software programs
- High level of aptitude in technology such as MS Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), GSuite and CRMs such as HubSpot, and Salesforce
This position is a remote position and can be conducted from home as long as they have a quiet, dedicated place to conduct business.
SKILL & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Building customer relationships - The Director of Customer Success uses relevant system features and data to engage with customers.
- Persuasive / professional customer communication - communication via phone, email, and when presenting is professional, informative, concise, and takes into consideration all audience members. The Director of Customer Success is able to read the room and is generally persuasive.
- Ability to influence and impact customers' businesses - credibility and technical knowledge allow the Director of Customer Success to make recommendations that result in positive business outcomes. The Director of Customer Success will understand change management strategies and is comfortable confronting any brutal fact within customers' businesses.
- Strategic and analytical thinking - general understanding of strategies that drive business development for customers. Ability to analyze, interpret, spot trends, and suggest action in a simplified manner.
- Technical and professional knowledge and expertise - general understanding of Vintory’s technology and best practices as well as the ability to integrate these pieces within unique customer accounts.
- Fostering innovation - the director of Customer Success approaches assigned accounts with an innovative mindset, while always placing customer success at the forefront.
- An inclusive, fun, values-driven company culture
- A fast-growing company
- Work / Life balance
- Competitive pay, and bonuses
- Your work makes a difference here, and we make a huge impact to our customers' profits
- Transparency – regular All-Team meetings, so you can stay in-the-know with what's going on in all areas our business
- Benefits (401k, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Long Term/Short Term Disability)
- Profit Sharing
- Unlimited Vacation and PTO
- Travel Perks - 2 Trips anywhere in World through our luxury accommodations vendor customer, Third Home
- Daylighting - Pet projects (10% of your time work on any pet projects)
- Remote Workforce - work anywhere you want
- Gym Membership Reimbursable Program
- Building a great culture is our # 1 priority! Check out our 5/5 Stars on Glassdoor!
Compensation based on experience.