4 Degrees was founded by brothers Jordan and Joel Tampien who wanted to create a full-service real estate company in the Pacific Northwest that perfectly merged the values of a family-run business with the resources and technology of a large firm. Years of working with other Spokane real estate companies convinced Jordan Tampien that he could build something better: a firm where realtors were happier with the process and where clients could trust that their realtor was held to the highest standard.
Joel Tampien shared his brother’s vision and after exiting active duty as a Senior Logistician in the Special Forces, he joined Jordan. With experience in virtually every aspect of real estate from flipping homes, investing and selling, to being tenants in a rental, the brothers decided they wanted their company to be a full-service real estate firm with 4 degrees of service: Buying, Selling, Management, and Community. They also knew that their unique backgrounds would give them a completely innovative approach to the traditional concept of real estate.
Jordan has over $40 million in career sales and melds his real estate prowess with a BA in Political Science, an MA in Business Administration, and a Law Degree from Gonzaga. Joel’s time in the military commanding 200 soldiers, controlling multimillion-dollar budgets, and managing personnel and equipment worldwide gave him the leadership and problem-solving skills to head up the Management Division of 4 Degrees.
As 4 Degrees has expanded and grown to become one of the most reputable real estate companies in the Inland Northwest, the Tampien brothers’ passion for innovative, knowledgeable, and exceptional service has never wavered. Each and every agent and employee who joins the 4 Degrees team shares and adds to this mission.
The focus of the STR Operations Manager is making connections with people, motivating and inspiring them to achieve results. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. While the role requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes. The job environment is fast-paced and results-oriented. While there is an urgency to goal achievement, responsibility for the achievement of results needs to be shared and effectively delegated. The STR Operations Manager role has a variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing. Because goals and desired results can quickly change, the job requires regularly meeting and pro-actively establishing relationships with new groups. The ability to understand, quickly react, and motivate others to adapt to the changing organization environment is a critical key to success. In general, the core of this position requires a motivated and motivating team builder and organization developer.
- Direct and manage the activities of the team
- Work closely with the Leadership team
- Execute the business plan, achieving or exceeding established P&L objectives
- Filter and translate the COO / CEO ideas into functional plans for the company
- Develop comprehensive goals for performance and growth strategies
- Effective use of conflict management
- Identify areas of opportunities for capital improvement across the organization
- Attract, retain, and develop a high-performing team
- Lead, manage and hold direct reports accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments and goals
- Cultivate and manage healthy relationships with strategic partners and vendors
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for values, alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity across the organization
- Maintain compliance with local and state laws, including quality standards, and standard operating procedures
- Leadership is based on the ability to motivate others
- Strong commitment to results
- Delegate authority readily
- Proven results as an Operations Manager, General Manager, or a similarly relevant leadership role
- Strong Hospitality experience in the Vacation Rental or Hotel industry.
- Experience building high performing teams, including the ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly from a strategic level vision to day-to-day tactical operations
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- A demonstrated execution mindset and a record of success holding people accountable
- Understanding of and ability to create a healthy organizational culture
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Varied experiences and responsibilities in Operations, Finance, and Human Resources
- Advanced degree, MBA or similar, preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $50,000 with and OTE of OTE $55,000 - $60,000
Bonus Details: Based on performance compared to the annual budget. Total OTE of $55,000-$60,000
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules