Cozi Vacation Rentals is a dynamic, fast-growing, locally owned, and operated company within the gorgeous and famous Texas Hill Country and headquartered in Fredericksburg, Texas, near Austin, Texas. Cozi provides its services throughout all of the Texas Hill Country and surrounding areas. Cozi connects guests and property owners to the best upscale and luxury vacation rentals and experiences this beautiful part of Texas offers while incorporating exceptional technology and customer service that does not automate away customer engagement but promotes a better and more personal customer experience.
The Property Services Manager (PSM) is a hands-on position responsible for creating and maintaining strong client relationships with Cozi Vacation Rentals homeowners. This includes regularly communicating the overall condition and opportunities for improvement at the properties. This position is fully accountable for the appearance, inventory, cleanliness, maintenance, and overall guest experience for a portfolio of vacation rental properties. Experience in sales, client relations, and customer service are key to success in this position. An eye for aesthetics and design would be highly preferred, as well as a general understanding of basic home maintenance. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and timely follow-up are critical to managing activities directly related to Cozi Vacation Rentals’ high-quality standards. Responsibilities will include an equal combination of office and fieldwork.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with homeowners.
- Actively work with homeowners on opportunities to grow their revenue with property updates.
- Communicate frequently with Sales & Marketing, Business Development, and Design Services on revenue growth opportunities.
- Take ownership of communications with homeowners on issues of a high dollar amount or complex nature.
- Ensure homeowner satisfaction and retention by routinely engaging homeowners to discover concerns and providing timely resolution to their requests.
- Proactively partner with homeowners to ensure revenue goals are met, providing continual feedback relating to amenities and enhancements.
- Perform annual property evaluations and prepare recommendations for homeowners to enhance property marketability.
- Schedule and perform monthly inspections to ensure all portfolio properties meet or exceed Cozi Vacation Rentals Standards.
- Maintain quantity and assure the quality of inventory items in each property, replacing items as needed, and notify and invoice the homeowner.
- Review Guest feedback related to the standards of properties within the portfolio and ensure resolution of issues.
- Monitor and document Guest feedback for trends relating to property, furnishings, or condition and communicate feedback with the homeowner.
- Enter work orders, track billable PSM time, and bill homeowners for additional tasks and responsibilities beyond the normal scope of property inspection or communication.
- Refer project management activities or tasks for larger-scale projects and repairs to Cozi Design Services or appropriate outside vendors.
- Coordinate with vendors to successfully complete property enhancement projects on time and communicate progress to appropriate parties and document in relevant software platforms.
- Evaluate work and repair quality performed by Cozi Vacation Rentals Maintenance Technicians or outside vendors to confirm that their work meets/exceeds Cozi Vacation Rentals standards.
- Review open Maintenance work orders on a weekly basis, and review/audit monthly work order billing for accuracy prior to close of the month and owner statements. Ensure all documentation is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis and open invoices or work orders are closed out by month-end.
- Attain quotes/bids from vendors and tradesmen as needed.
- Schedule and perform regular monthly inspections of all grounds, buildings, and facilities and their related condition when properties are included as part of a condominium complex or HOA. Document and report findings to the HOA and Operations team. Follow up with homeowner as needed to ensure repairs are made or issues resolved.
- Schedule and Perform all inspections related to Long Term reservations and Security Deposit inspections.
- Inspect and assess property prior to homeowner arrivals to ensure total homeowner satisfaction.
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to the guests and homeowners of Cozi Vacation Rentals.
- Fully comprehend and utilize all relevant technologies utilized in Operations.
- Ensure all required processes and procedures are completed for the timely onboarding of new properties.
- Accurately maintain current property and owner information files in appropriate systems.
- Monitor properties for potential safety concerns, and follow through with corrective action. Ensure proper response and documentation of all emergencies at properties within company guidelines to minimize liabilities
- Actively contribute as a member of the Property Services workgroup, participate in regular team meetings, provide insight, and collaborate on problem-solving/decision making with other department teams.
- Participate in the after-hours phone duties as needed or assigned.
- Assist with training staff to perform property inspections or evaluations at all levels as needed or assigned.
- Perform other duties as may be required or assigned.
- Communication Skills – Displays expertise at clear and timely communications. Demonstrate comfort and competence at creating and maintaining working relationships.
- Sales Skills – Demonstrates an understanding of sales best practices and basic skills.
- Detail Orientation/Accuracy – Verifies all work; recognizes flaws or errors others may overlook. Successfully manages many small tasks or processes with many details.
- Project Management – Demonstrates the ability to work within timelines, company structures, and budgets for the successful completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Analytical Skills – Creates insightful and comprehensible reports on findings.
- Stress Management – Accepts pressure and maintains composure and perspective intense situations.
- Negotiation Skills – Successfully closes negotiations achieving best possible outcomes
- Results Focus - Exhibits commitment to achieving goals and consistently delivering results based on department deliverables.
- Managerial Focus – Demonstrates task and priority management and sound decision making by taking into consideration the homeowner, guest, and company needs to accomplish objectives and deadlines of the department. Spends sufficient time managing projects, establishing expectations, enlisting the support of fellow team members, and following through with team project involvement.
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in relevant fields (real estate, property management, interior design, hotels/resorts, residential construction, furniture industry, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Availability to work a varied schedule which will include holidays, weekends, overtime, and after-hours phone duties as needed
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Personal transportation and valid driver’s license
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Must move and/or live within a 30-mile radius of Fredericksburg, TX
Compensation: Annual Salary, $52,000 - $62,000 based on experience and qualifications
Bonus: Bonuses and Incentives for meeting company goals.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days, Health insurance, Life insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Employee recognition programs, Relocation assistance, Commuting/travel assistance